Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss D-Street and Vinylmation in the Disneyana forums; I bought a Vinylmation as a little souvenir on my last day at WDW last year. I was mildly underwhelmed by it. It didn't seem as impressive as I thought. ...
    Beeker is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: D-Street and Vinylmation

I bought a Vinylmation as a little souvenir on my last day at WDW last year. I was mildly underwhelmed by it. It didn't seem as impressive as I thought. Still, it was a unique little item. Worth it for one, but I don't know if I'd collect them like pins.
    Last edited by Beeker; 06-03-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Meep? Meep mee mee meep. Mi mee meep. Meeeep!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

To me vinylmation is pet rock 2K.

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

My hubbie likes the Goofy one... I'd rather pay the $40. for the large character to ensure he got it than take the chance with the small lucky-dip ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeker View Post
    I don't know if I'd collect them like pins.
    I agree!!
    Kungaloosh!!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The Vinylmation thing isn't sitting well with me either. They just look like someone was hallucinating and decided to market the things.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    To me vinylmation is pet rock 2K.
    Interesting analogy!

Beeker is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    The Vinylmation thing isn't sitting well with me either. They just look like someone was hallucinating and decided to market the things.
    Duuuuude. Saw this thing on an acid trip. Let's paint it up and sell it to the general public!
    Meep? Meep mee mee meep. Mi mee meep. Meeeep!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I actually like the vinylmations... it's fun to see which you get, and a lot of the designs are creative. I especially like how they make designs of characters and attractions that you might not see merchandise besides pins. It's also fun to find ways to display them. Mix the colors, hide them in your disney collection, do anything you want!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

[QUOTE=Disney2000;889933]it's fun to see which you get, and a lot of the designs are creative. I especially like how they make designs of characters and attractions that you might not see merchandise besides pins. QUOTE]

I agree, but the mystery characters can work out to be very expensive and could prove to be difficult to swap.
    Kungaloosh!!

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

They are different. I like them. I don't like them all, nor do I care for the escalating price tag, but I like them. I have a little vinylmation army in my living room, guarding all my Disney movies. I also have a satchel of ones to trade when I go to the parks or DTD.

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

I just got back from a twelve day trip to WDW. I bought as well as traded many vinyls. I came home with around 40 new ones.

Hello. My name is Todd and I have a vinylmation problem.
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ˝ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ˝ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ˝ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ˝ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ˝ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ˝ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

[QUOTE=Vadania;890318]
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    it's fun to see which you get, and a lot of the designs are creative. I especially like how they make designs of characters and attractions that you might not see merchandise besides pins. QUOTE]

I agree, but the mystery characters can work out to be very expensive and could prove to be difficult to swap.
    But that's the fun of it. Just like mystery pins. Yes, a little more expensive, but there's a thrill in the chase. Also, trading and buying are getting easier and easier with not only ebay, but other trading communities, as well as trading in the parks.

I started with one vinyl, just as a souvenir from the D23 expo which I couldn't attend... now I think I have around 32 3", 3 9", and 1 Jr. They really grew on me, and the designs seem to keep getting better! (retro epcot!!)
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I love Vinylmation and pin trading. I love the thrill of not know what you are going to get and now you can trade them in the parks and resorts. I especially like the ones they are releasing for WDW's 40th. At first i did not like them when i saw them then on one trip i said well i will just buy one and that turned into buying 6 that trip and i now have 17 vinylmation and 3 vinylmation jr.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I've said it before I don't get Vinylmation collection fad. That is OK we have our own things but this one is a head scratcher. I don't collect pins, but for the most part Pins won't deteriorate unless they are made from poor quality steel, then rust will poke out over the years.

Vinyl is another story. While it is on earth likely forever yet Vinyl deteriorates over time and not that long either. The Polymer breaks down and causes Vinyl to get gummy and or cracks. Collectibles generally have to be in good condition to trade or sell. To me anyhow beyond their oddness to me, the longevity of the product is a drawback to investing money in these collectibles.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

I love vinlymation. I've only gotten a couple I really didn't like. I just made a aeries of trades until I ended up with what I wanted. Trading is a cinch since the stores have trader boxes.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

KSODep648 is offline A-Ticket holder

I will admit, I do collect vinylmation and really enjoy a number of the figures, like the "Parks" series. They constant bring to mind my trips to Disney and build excitement for upcoming ones. They are displayed at my home and the office. My biggest complaint is the price. It is alot to spend when you really have no idea what figure you are buying. It would be easier if you knew which figure you were purchasing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast