Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Disney Treasures DVDs... All Over Now? in the Disneyana forums; So, I was surfing the 'net at lunch time today and found a couple of threads on another Disney forum saying that the Walt Disney Treasures series is officially over ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Unhappy Disney Treasures DVDs... All Over Now?

So, I was surfing the 'net at lunch time today and found a couple of threads on another Disney forum saying that the Walt Disney Treasures series is officially over - noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Really sad to hear this if it is true as I've been a collector of these from day 1... apparently Disney are releasing their 3 documentaries in November instead (Walt and El Grupo, The Boys and Waking Sleeping Beauty). I already had these on order, but was hoping I'd have some lovely tins to look forward to in my Christmas stocking this year... apparently not!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Re: Disney Treasures DVDs... All Over Now?

I was extremely disappointed about this as well. I have almost all of them (all the ones I want, anyway). I'm really looking forward to seeing "Walt & el Grupo" because I love Saludos Amigos and the Three Cabelleros, plus I'm looking forward to seeing documentary footage of Mary Blair. That Sherman Bros. documentary looks good, too.

I had the opportunity to see "Waking Sleeping Beauty" at a local theatre. It was pretty good, but only if you're really interested in Disney history and animation. I personally enjoyed the short documentary "Dream On Silly Dreamer" more, and it deals with almost the exact same subjects.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

El Grupo comes out on DVD Nov. 30, but it is available for viewing NOW through Amazon's Video on Demand. I watched it the other day and it is well worth the $2.99 fee. I'm still getting the DVD too.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It's a shame for all the collectors, why end it?

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    It's a shame for all the collectors, why end it?
    I agree - there's so much more that could be released, and I'm sure it can't be for lack of fan-interest. I for one can't get enough of all the archival footage.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon