Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Some Disney Books Landed On My Doorstep This Morning... in the Disneyana forums; I just today pre-ordered a new box-set of books coming out in September which are from the Walt Disney Animation Archives series. They are flip-books, with one book dedicated to ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Some Disney Books Landed On My Doorstep This Morning...

I just today pre-ordered a new box-set of books coming out in September which are from the Walt Disney Animation Archives series. They are flip-books, with one book dedicated to each one of Walt's Nine Old Men. Looks like a lovely set and I imagine will compliment the other editions in the series nicely! Shame I have to wait another five months from them to arrive - LOL!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I picked up "South of the Border with Disney: Walt Disney and the Good Neighbor Program" by J.B. Kaufman. It's excellent reading so far. Great details and I have a real affinity for both Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros so it's a must read for me. Jim Hill had a nice writeup for it back in 2009:

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_ch...reat-read.aspx

I also picked up an older book, Gardens of the Walt Disney World Resort which is pretty interesting. Tom Bricker discusses it over on his site:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/gar...8-book-review/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Well, thanks to the recommendations of you fine folks, I just ordered "Since the World Began" today.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Is that back in print?

Finally got around to ordering the Disney Animation Archive series of books (Story, Animation, Layout & Background and Design). Looking forward to receiving them during the week (apparently Amazon have already sent them out). There's also another 'book' in the series which I've pre-ordered (comes out in September in the UK) called Walt's Nine Old Men: The Flip Books. Have also placed a pre-order for the new 'Poster Art of the Disney Parks' book, which I believe also gets published in September.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: Some Disney Books Landed On My Doorstep This Morning...

I just went through my Amazon.com recommendations and found the following:

Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered by Dave Smith.

Over 1,100 questions have been fielded by Dave Smith, the now-retired Chief Archivist of The Walt Disney Company, and this book is a compendium of the most interesting and revealing of those queries.
    This title will be released on June 26, 2012.

I also try to collect the original stories that were the sources for the animated and live-action features. That started when I received a
    copy of "Pinocchio" that my niece bought for me when she made a trip overseas to Italy.
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by UBMICK35000 View Post

Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered by Dave Smith.

Over 1,100 questions have been fielded by Dave Smith, the now-retired Chief Archivist of The Walt Disney Company, and this book is a compendium of the most interesting and revealing of those queries.
    Oooh - that sounds interesting... will have a look in a minute to see if that's going to be available here in the UK. I bet there are some really great bits of information in there. Thank you for sharing!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Is that back in print?
    Picked it up for 14.99 in "Very Good" condition, complete with untorn dust jacket. Wasn't going to let that one go.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by UBMICK35000 View Post

Traded some emails with Mr. Smith and wound up getting his autograph on some photos, on his business card, and on my Legends Certificate. Great guy so I will probably wind up ordering his book.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Picked it up for 14.99 in "Very Good" condition, complete with untorn dust jacket. Wasn't going to let that one go.
    Jealous...

Willing to part with it for a price when you're done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Jealous...

Willing to part with it for a price when you're done?
    Best bet is to check B&N.com... that's how I got mine. Skip ebay and go right for the market section of B&N. There were still some half-way decent priced books available!

Received my "Since the World Began" book today. Not in terribly bad shape for something that was sitting in a random book store for who knows how long. For those who are considering ordering it, it DOES come with a dust jacket. A few of the descriptions mentioned "No dust jacket as it was never sold with one." The one I ordered said "Dust jacket in tact", which it is. Not quite the book I was expecting, though. I thought it was something I could commute with. It's more a coffee table book. But still a nice purchase for less than twenty bucks with tax and shipping.

Finally decided to open my "Since the World Began." No way I'm reading this one cover-to-cover. Somehow it's just not flowing. So I figured to start, I'd skip ahead to the end and see where 25 years takes us. The book ends with a look ahead, explaining what Animal Kingdom is destined to be (still many mentions of the never-built land of fantasy), as well as the Disney Cruise Line, which was then set to debut in 1998. Reading about forthcoming projects with the benefit of hindsight is fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12