Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Does Anybody Know the Value of The Year of A Million Dreams Collectors Pins? in the Disneyana forums; My family and I were one of the lucky families approached at random and given four lanyards with the two commemorative pins of the year of a million dreams a ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Does Anybody Know the Value of The Year of A Million Dreams Collectors Pins?

My family and I were one of the lucky families approached at random and given four lanyards with the two commemorative pins of the year of a million dreams a few years back.Does anyone know the value of these lanyards and pins right now currently? I feel sure that they have increased in value,I'm just not sure as to what.Thanks for any info.
    Park Hopper Dad!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Does Anybody Know the Value of The Year of A Million Dreams Collectors Pins?

I betcha this is what you're talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Year-...item19c24aeebd

I'll say this... I've seen them on eBay before for a lot less than that poster has it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Re: Does Anybody Know the Value of The Year of A Million Dreams Collectors Pins?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I betcha this is what you're talking about:

Disney Year of a Million Dreams Pins & Lanyard Gray NEW | eBay

I'll say this... I've seen them on eBay before for a lot less than that poster has it.
    That is exactly what we have.I have four of them.I would have thought that they would be selling for more than $30 currently.But apparently not.Thanks for the link and info.Do you remember me BamaJenn?I haven't been to this site for quite a long while.We have shared comments on here before.I remember your name.Anyway,I'm back.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    That is exactly what we have.I have four of them.I would have thought that they would be selling for more than $30 currently.But apparently not.Thanks for the link and info.Do you remember me BamaJenn?I haven't been to this site for quite a long while.We have shared comments on here before.I remember your name.Anyway,I'm back.
    I do indeed and I'm glad to see you back!

I suppose as far as the lanyard and pins are concerned, they are best kept for now. Give it another 10-20-50 years and they'll probably be worth a fortune!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I do indeed and I'm glad to see you back!

I suppose as far as the lanyard and pins are concerned, they are best kept for now. Give it another 10-20-50 years and they'll probably be worth a fortune!
    Maybe so,but gosh in 50 yrs I'll be 102! LOL! Not sure if ANYBODY will be wanting disney stuff in 50 more years!LOL!Glad to be back!
    Park Hopper Dad!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

As with any "collectible", the only 'value' of an item is what you're able to find some dolt willing to pay for it. Most times, these itmes are so mass-produced that they really aren't limited. If they're numbered, at least then you can tell how many were made.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As with any "collectible", the only 'value' of an item is what you're able to find some dolt willing to pay for it. Most times, these itmes are so mass-produced that they really aren't limited. If they're numbered, at least then you can tell how many were made.
    That is true.I guess it's not only what other people think they are worth,but also what the owner thinks they are worth.For instance:I would never sell one of these lanyards with the two pins that was given to me by a cast member for less than $50-$80 each.But that's just me.So as you see,I value them at a higher price than maybe the average.Plus like I said before,these were only given out to guests at random,so no,we do not know how many were mass produced for the year long Year of a million dreams promo.
    Park Hopper Dad!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Well, to my point, sure you could try to seel it for $50 - $80, but that doesn't mean you'll get it. You could make anything your asking price.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Once the YOAMD is antique and most of the lanyards and pins that existed have been trashed, disappeared, lost etc. it'd be worth a lot more.

As an example: I've seen maps from the 15th anniversary celebration (yes... maps) selling for (not just being asked) upwards of $50.

Supernova and BamaJenn,I agree with both of you.A person can ask anything for something but will he get it?I am really not planning on selling these anytime soon.Or maybe never.I don't know at this point.I have just been wondering if their values have increased since we received them at Epcot.
    Park Hopper Dad!