Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss 1st in line at the Disney Store in the Disneyana forums; Currently sitting 1st in line at the Disney Store for the 25th Anniversary Mickey Hat! Chating the DW and reading my WDW Trivia book! Good times!...
  1. #1
    disneyfun55's Avatar
    disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    109

    1st in line at the Disney Store

    Currently sitting 1st in line at the Disney Store for the 25th Anniversary Mickey Hat! Chating the DW and reading my WDW Trivia book! Good times!

    Last edited by disneyfun55; 03-29-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #2
    disneyfun55's Avatar
    disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    109

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Had a great time at the Disney Store today! Not only were my DW and I the first 2 in line, but the store manager gave us a limited edition D23 2 foot tall Minnie Mouse Plush as a door prize! They had some great trivia questions on the monitors that everyone was enjoying! Even had the distinct honor of being asked as a "Disney Trivia Guru" (their words, not mine )to confirm the correct answer to a question that no one knew the answer to - What was Syd's job in Toy Story 3? Easy - Garbage Collector! They were nice enough to give me a fun 25th Anniversary button!

    What a blast! So glad that we went!

  3. #3
    mickeytoo's Avatar
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas.
    Posts
    2,740

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Glad y'all had fun!
    Our Store only had 250 pairs of ears to give out. I set the queue stanchions out last night before I closed The Store. Folks were gonna' start queueing up at 8am when the mall doors opened. I have a 2-close shift.

    Just got off the phone with the ASM and it's goin' well although it has slowed down quite a bit since this mornin'. Gave out all the ears by 11a and the queue for the Box Office was around the back of The Store and out the entrance on the other side at one point. Ours is one of the larger Stores left. That's a LONG queue.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

  4. #4
    eeyore79's Avatar
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL-TOO far from WDW!
    Posts
    1,928

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    Had a great time at the Disney Store today! Not only were my DW and I the first 2 in line, but the store manager gave us a limited edition D23 2 foot tall Minnie Mouse Plush as a door prize! They had some great trivia questions on the monitors that everyone was enjoying! Even had the distinct honor of being asked as a "Disney Trivia Guru" (their words, not mine )to confirm the correct answer to a question that no one knew the answer to - What was Syd's job in Toy Story 3? Easy - Garbage Collector! They were nice enough to give me a fun 25th Anniversary button!

    What a blast! So glad that we went!
    That's awesome!! Congrats!! Sounds like you had a fun time!!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

    http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

    Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

    TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

  5. #5
    eeyore79's Avatar
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL-TOO far from WDW!
    Posts
    1,928

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Glad y'all had fun!
    Our Store only had 250 pairs of ears to give out. I set the queue stanchions out last night before I closed The Store. Folks were gonna' start queueing up at 8am when the mall doors opened. I have a 2-close shift.

    Just got off the phone with the ASM and it's goin' well although it has slowed down quite a bit since this mornin'. Gave out all the ears by 11a and the queue for the Box Office was around the back of The Store and out the entrance on the other side at one point. Ours is one of the larger Stores left. That's a LONG queue.
    I meant to ask you to save me a pair...darn!! I didnt have a chance to get to a Disney Store today unfortunatly! But sounds like people who really wanted them got them! Where the ears like decent quaility or cheapish?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

    http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

    Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

    TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

  6. #6
    NC_WDW_Daddy's Avatar
    NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richlands, NC
    Posts
    3,335

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Glad you had fun

  7. #7
    disneyfun55's Avatar
    disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    109

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    eeyore79: The ears are the same quality as what I have seen in the parks - never great quality, but they weren't paper thin and falling apart the moment that we left the store.

    There wasn't a huge demand in the Baltimore/DC area. After we shopped for about an hour at the first Disney Store, we actually decided to go see if one of the other 2 stores in MD had any more ears left that I could give to my nephew and niece. So DW and I made the 30 minute drive to another store, got there about 11am and they still had tons of ears left! We were very excited that they did, as my brother and his family are big Disney fans but live in Japan so I don't think they had a chance to participate in this experience. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a store in MD that actually had some left today.

  8. #8
    mickeytoo's Avatar
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas.
    Posts
    2,740

    Re: 1st in line at the Disney Store

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    I meant to ask you to save me a pair...darn!! I didnt have a chance to get to a Disney Store today unfortunatly! But sounds like people who really wanted them got them! Where the ears like decent quaility or cheapish?
    Howdy Jamie!

    Sorry! Even the outlet Store, about 12 miles down the road, was out of them by about 11a as well.

    As disneyfun55 stated, they are your standard quality ears. Except they are silver-ish (25th anni) and they have a 25th anni logo on them. Cool enough.
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 03-29-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Schpelling...again...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Similar Threads

  1. Fake Disney retail replaces the Disney Store in Chicagoland Mall
    By HauntedGabe in forum I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  2. Muppet Stage 1 Company Store Walkthrough in Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney
    By Lou Mongello in forum The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
  3. Disney Cruise Line
    By RollTideMickey in forum Disney Cruise Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 05:41 PM
  4. Disney Book Review: The Disney Queue Line Survival Guidebook
    By Lou Mongello in forum Latest WDW Radio Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 05:11 PM
  5. Who do you want to see own The Disney Store, Inc.??
    By springer9 in forum The Walt Disney Company
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •