Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Disney scented air fresheners in the Disneyana forums; From the Disney Parks Blog: Freshening the Air with Disney Parks posted on July 9th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager I’m amazed how certain smells can trigger a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney scented air fresheners

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Freshening the Air with Disney Parks

posted on July 9th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I’m amazed how certain smells can trigger a flood of memories. For me, I love walking in Epcot just after it has rained, as I’m reminded of a family trip in 1988. Disney Parks attractions use scents to enhance experiences (I’m looking at you, burning embers from Spaceship Earth); and I know I’m not the only one who enjoys standing outside the bakery on Main Street, U.S.A. I’ve discussed before how Disney Theme Park Merchandise (and I) have a love affair with food. That affair continues in August with the release of four new air fresheners inspired by iconic food from Disney Parks. These items have been in development for more than a year and they are dear to my heart (and stomach).

Last July, the souvenirs team asked me to photograph several food items for air fresheners they were developing. I visited Epcot, where I secured a turkey leg and a Mickey Mouse premium ice cream bar (my favorite treat next to a Dole Whip). At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I photographed a candy apple, cotton candy and popcorn (the souvenirs team decided not to make the latter two). At a team breakfast in Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, I photographed (then ate) the last item I needed – the Mickey Mouse waffle. Disney Design Group artist Caley Hicks then used the images to create these air fresheners.
    Once released, you will be able to find these at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.
    With so many scents to choose from, I think my all-time favorite is the “l’orange” scent from Horizons.

So what is your favorite scent?

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Disney scented air fresheners

The famous water smell !!!!!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century