Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss MK Sorcerers, want the missing cards or the super rare, are you willing to buy them? in the Disneyana forums; I just knew there was going to be a catch to this FREE interactive game. So you haven't been lucky enough to get those rare cards, and wondered about the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

MK Sorcerers, want the missing cards or the super rare, are you willing to buy them?

I just knew there was going to be a catch to this FREE interactive game.
    So you haven't been lucky enough to get those rare cards, and wondered about the missing ones??? there is now another way coming soon........

From the Disney Blog:
    Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Trading Card Game Coming to Walt Disney World Resort

posted on July 26th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

In early June, I participated in a live chat with Imagineer Jonathan Ackley about Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. This interactive, role-playing adventure lets apprentice sorcerers help Merlin keep the Disney Villains from taking over the Magic Kingdom. It’s a fun experience that I’ve had a chance to play with my son. During the live chat, several readers asked about the remaining spell cards – numbers 61 to 70. I have good news; Disney Theme Park Merchandise is introducing a new trading card game in August that is based on Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. This at-home game includes a way to obtain those super rare spell cards plus a whole bunch more. I spoke with Cody Hampton, Associate Developer for toys and games, about what to expect.

“We wanted a way to extend the magic found with the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom experience beyond the park,” explained Cody. “We created a trading card game that allows guests to use the cards from their in-park experience in a whole new way at home.”
    The trading card game will contain seven randomly selected spell cards (including at least one super rare spell card), one of four game boards, game rules, new tokens and a complete spell card checklist. I spoke with Disney Design Group Artist Quynh Kimball who worked on the game development.

“We worked closely with Walt Disney Imagineering while creating the game,” said Quynh. “They provided images from the in-park experience for the at-home version. There are four different game boards featuring Maleficent, Dr. Facilier, Jafar and Cruella DeVil. Much like the in-park game, the goal is to work together as a team to get the villain’s power level to zero. The game rules are very thorough but easy to understand. I think anyone ages six and up will have a fun time playing.”
    The game will be released at several Walt Disney World Resort locations, and it will be carried via the online Disney Parks Store at a future date.

A new mystery pin set is also planned for release later this year. I shared artwork of the set during the live chat. Now, I’m happy to share with you the actual pins from this Disney Villains-themed set – how wonderful to see my favorite villain, Hades!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: MK Sorcerers, want the missing cards or the super rare, are you willing to buy th

Your Walt Disney Consumer Products at work!
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Mrsbruhaha is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: MK Sorcerers, want the missing cards or the super rare, are you willing to buy th

*shrugs* i have a lot of friends who play Magic: The Gathering, so if the price is right I'd totally pay for this.