Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Cast Member merch. from the early years in the Disneyana forums; I'm looking for some Cast Member and guest merchandise from WDW's early years and pre-opening, such as items from Guest Relations brochures, infomation and times guides, WDW newspapers, guide books, ...
    Lou Mongello is online now Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Cast Member merch. from the early years

I'm looking for some Cast Member and guest merchandise from WDW's early years and pre-opening, such as items from Guest Relations brochures, infomation and times guides, WDW newspapers, guide books, giveaways, etc.

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Every now and then you can catch something on eBay. I just got lucky and got a glass 'candy dish' for a buck. You can see the same one in the 1971 display for WDW in One Man's Dream.

I have also found old viewmasters and slideas from when they were boxed for Disney.

Do you have the opening of the parks on Tape? (MK, Epcot, etc)

Lou Mongello is online now Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Every now and then you can catch something on eBay. I just got lucky and got a glass 'candy dish' for a buck. You can see the same one in the 1971 display for WDW in One Man's Dream.

I have also found old viewmasters and slideas from when they were boxed for Disney.

Do you have the opening of the parks on Tape? (MK, Epcot, etc) OOooh.. no, but I'd love to see them
    Yeah, eBay is great to sometimes get something to add to your collection taht you wouldn't find elsewhere - and often at a relative "steal" (Although the 100 Years of Magic park banners I wanted last week ended up going for over $150 each. Just couldn't do it. Ugh)

(Lou drooling over park openings tapes)
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-26-2004 at 10:16 PM.
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Do you have the opening of the parks on Tape? (MK, Epcot, etc) Um.. no, but I'd love to see them

(Lou drooling over here)

Yes I do. Working on placing them on DVD right now. I'll start a pile for that September trip of yours.

Lou owes Jason , etc.!!! -pleased-

(and promises to stop talking about himself inthe third person)
    Lou Mongello

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Lou,

Which tapes are you looking for? I have originals of "A Dream Called Walt Disney World" and "WDW EPCOT Center A Souvenir Program". I believe those are the earliest tapes they had for sale to the public.

I could try to make you copies if you'd like.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

I have to see if I have those on the computer or no (thank you for the offer!!)

I'm also really looking for the old Walt Disney World Inside Out that used to show on the Disney Channel. There was also an old WDW video hosted by Harry Anderson (magic of WDW?) that I remember. There was also: Opening of DAK and the WDW 25th Anniversary show.

I'll let you know about those others (I have to organize all my videos one of these... years)
    Lou Mongello

Funny you ask about DAK Lou, I am creating the DVD this week for DAK and DCL openings. :-) I still have the other two for you as well.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I have to see if I have those on the computer or no (thank you for the offer!!)

I'm also really looking for the old Walt Disney World Inside Out that used to show on the Disney Channel. There was also an old WDW video hosted by Harry Anderson (magic of WDW?) that I remember. There was also: Opening of DAK and the WDW 25th Anniversary show.

I'll let you know about those others (I have to organize all my videos one of these... years)

I know someone from RADP that has some on his web site,

EDIT: http://www.the-shermans.us/disney/insideout/
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 12-02-2004 at 08:09 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    There should be a lot of stuff available soon as the "baby boomers" that are retiring from WDW will be selling their "stuff" to help pay the bills, or their children will be looking for a fast buck on e-bay.

As they say, "One man's junk is another man's treasure." My DW would love for me to sell all my WDW junk, er treasure!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    I know someone from RADP that has some on his web site,

EDIT: http://www.the-shermans.us/disney/insideout/
    You sir... YOU... are the MAN!
    Lou Mongello