Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Disney World book by Zehnder in the Disneyana forums; Hi again! I'm looking for a book called Florida's Disney World: Promises and Problems, by Leonard E. Zehnder. It was published in 1975 and is a hardcover book. It's very ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Disney World book by Zehnder

Hi again!

I'm looking for a book called Florida's Disney World: Promises and Problems, by Leonard E. Zehnder. It was published in 1975 and is a hardcover book. It's very hard to find and I don't feel like paying the $300 some people are asking for it.

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Got it!!!!! Yeah!!
    Lou Mongello

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Can you tell me some more about this book? I have a lot of WDW books and I've never heard of this one.

Thanks!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

The book by Zehnder, called Florida's Disney World is an older one, from 1975 and is very hard to find now. I've seen it go for as high as $350 in some places. I was able to get a library copy which, whil enot in perfect condition, cost me conderably less.

Anyway, the book is a historical recap of the early days of WDW, from the original concepts, to securing the land, etc. It contains a great deal of reprints of articles from local Orlando and Florida papers and really goes in depth as far as the details of the planning of the infrastructure, such as roads, power, etc. It also talks about the reaction of local residents from the original announcement until past the park's opening.

A great read for those who are very much into the history of WDW. It may be a little dry for some readers, (not many pictures either ), but one of the better books about what was really happening "backstage" even before there was one!
    Lou Mongello

stacymcardle is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney World book by Zehnder

I am selling this book right now and my auction starts at $10 with no reserve. I saw another one on Amazon for $244. Perhaps you are still looking for this book?

ebay id: stacysardelli00 (those are zeros on the end). Go to 'Adavanced Search' link that is located after 'search' box on ebay. Choose the 'By Seller' link at left. Enter 'stacysardelli00' in search box and you will see my auctions.

I can't post links in this forum yet because I am new.
    Last edited by stacymcardle; 08-30-2010 at 08:42 AM.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Just had a look at the auction; I'm interested but live outside the US. I'll send a message through eBay.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious if anyone out there has this book and is willing to part with it or lend it to a fellow Disney fan. I'm fine with just "borrowing" it but alas no libraries in the country seem to have a copy.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe