Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Chernabog Lamp in the Disneyana forums; If you have ever wanted to put a rare and wonderful collector piece on your desk, then check this out : http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/OTHER/other3.htm Now, I know that you're going to say ...
    C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...

Chernabog Lamp

If you have ever wanted to put a rare and wonderful collector piece on your desk, then check this out : http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/OTHER/other3.htm

Now, I know that you're going to say I'm biased because it's my forum name, but look at that thing! It's even better in person. I snagged one on eBay, and it's wonderful.

I know that Disney villians aren't quite the fan favorites, but this is definitely cool stuff. I have people compliment it that don't even recognize it's from Fantasia...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

mrmouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    That is a pretty sweet lamp. Last year at the Disney outlet store I bought my son a Chernabog's Choppers baseball hat that is very cool. It has flames all around it with a 3d effect embroidered Chernabog with raised arms on the front. Definitely one of the coolest Disney villians.
    Disneyland in October '07?

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    Mr. Mouse - That hat sounds very cool. I hope your son sports it proudly. I like the shirt that they had a little while ago with him on it. It looked like this:

You can snag them on eBay, but for a little bit more than I'm willing to part with for a t-shirt...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    If I'm not mistaken Lou picked up on of those lamps a while ago and named it 'little cherny' LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Well then, Vixen, Lou has excellent taste! There are a few variants on the lamp itself. There's another limited edition that features Chernabog in the "leaning over and reaching out one claw" pose. I've also seen one with clear wings, instead of the purple stained glass like the one I have.

Now, if I could just get something similar for the Horned King, or maybe the Headless Horseman, I'd be on my way to an exquisitely lit room.

I like the "little cherny" nickname too...

Dont feel to geeky for wanting the room to have a theme...My downstairs bath is almost done being decorated in Enchanted Tiki Room. Well my cheaper-make due cause I dont have a fortune to spend on actual stuff version. Complete with a thatch(raffia glued to sheets of cardboard and nailed up) ceiling, singing birds, and reed mats on the walls. Eventually I will finish it(have to wait for the stores to get their summer stuff in...lol...marketing) and post some pics on here.

Wow!

Vixen, you have to put some shots up of your finished room. That sounds really great.

I can definitely picture where you're going with it.

The Tiki Room is one of my favorites. I do prefer the classic as opposed to the "under new management", but I haven't really seen anyone that feels differently on that point. It's one of those things that I may have to convince the others in my group to join me for. I know it's not a ride, and it's not cutting edge, but it's the vibe that I like. Singing tikis are a good thing...

I have only been to WDW twice but lucked out by seeing both versions. Thinking about it--the original was just somehow better or more, I dont know, real, for lack of a better word. The new versions is funny and cute and I love the comments Iago says as ppl exit but I saw the original on my 1st trip down so maybe thats it--nostalgia Funny and accidental thing happened when we went in Sept. with my then 2 1/2 yr old. Never realized till halfway thru the show that I was sitting in the same seats just one row up from when I took my older DD (20 now).
    BTW the upstairs bath is Nemo themed --kiddo's choice tried to keep some real fish for the theme but I kill them. Except for the one who commited suicide by jumping out of his temporary cup of water while I was cleaning bowl and slid RIGHT into the sink and straight down the drain. LOL The fish apparantly had some mental issues I wasnt aware of...lol
    The down bath may take about 2 more months to be up to standard of photos...lol Do you know how much time it takes to glue individual pieces of raffia to cardboard....LOL

I defintely prefer to the originals in almost every case, and not just limited to Disney.

Sounds like you've got a real serious Disney house going there. I'm sorry about your suicidal fish escapades.

I can imagine that the raffia project is a bit time consuming. I'm sure the effect is worth it though.

Do you have any other themed rooms, or plan on doing any more?

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    OOOOOO how pretty!! I love the Chernabog. I'm actually practicing drawing him
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

The weather has had a big effect on my raffia gluing....I dont want to knock myself out with the fumes in a closed room ***making choking sounds

I was thinking about eventually doing the master bedroom in a Wilderness lodge theme and if my BF ever gets around to actually taking things out of boxes, he will have his Steeler room. I know not Disney but themed none the less...lol My 3 yrolds room is very girly right now and the My Little Ponys seem to be expanding from the one corner to one whole wall...LOL HELP the Ponys are attacking. The playroom is just a mish mash of toys and books and Puzz 3-D's. The small bedroom is my kinda junk room where I get to display all my Disney toys from fast food places.hmmm..might expand on that someday. See, now you are giving me ideas LOL OH I ALMOST FORGOT The kitchen is Mickey Mouse white walls, black red and gold trim and knickknacks. Its a big house can you tell? We just moved here a month and half ago so it is all a work in progress and around a toddlers schedule. LOL
    You asked LOL

Disneyfreak - Are you practicing for fun, as a student, or are you a pro?

If you practice enough that you like what you come up with, you should post it so we can see...

Vixen - Thank you for sharing! I did ask, and I'm happy to hear about people's themed rooms. I have a few in my house, but no Disney related ones yet, per se. My "Little Cherny" lamp is actually in my office, which has dark things throughout. Think HM meets more gothic flavor circa Poe and Tim Burton.

I have an asian-inspired bedroom with deep red walls, paper laterns, meditation area with tatami mats and zafu & zabuton. Of course, tapestries, kimonos, and a full set of katana round out things nicely.

I'm assuming that since you have postulated plans for a WL bedroom, that's you're favorite resort. My trip in May wasn't chosen by me, so I didn't get to pick the resort. Not that I'm complaining, but I would have chosen Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Wilderness Lodge would have been my second choice. Does your bedroom have a fireplace, or would you be adding one, along with the simulated Grand Canyon rock surround? I know that there are a number of different rustic lodge bedroom sets that should take care of the furniture, and plenty of western lighting fixtures and accessories. I think you've made a good choice there.

Maybe you can snag a lasso while you're at it, and it will help you with all those runaway ponies too...

Your kitchen sounds subtle. I'm sure the Mickey items around the kitchen are instantly noticeable, but I bet there are some folks that don't readily see the connection in the mouse-coordinated color scheme. Very nice!

Make sure you crack a window for that glue work. Otherwise, we'll know that you've been spending too much time in there when you're posts on the forums get really incoherent and

Your bedroom sounds beautiful. That was a choice for my bath but had to go tiki--mainly cause the mechanical birds I have in there drive my BF nuts. They are sound and touch activated in these little cages and since it is such a small bath, even if you cough it sets all 3 of them off and sounds like about 20 LOL I have them hanging from the ceiling so the motion doenst set off unless you touch them. I am an evil person sometimes.
    I like the idea of Poe meets Tim LOL sounds mysterious looking
    You are going to have to post some pics too. HA! we may have to change the title of this thread to themed rooms LOL
    My bedroom doesnt have a fireplace but HMMMMMM not a bad idea. a faux one would work and of course I would have to have a small fountain and some wigwams. You do realize my BF is going to strangle you for giving me ideas right? LOL I like the lasso idea too---HERE PONY PONY PONY! I try to keep her toys outs of there if they come to visit they have to go home at dusk..lol round 'em up! I like the resort and it just fits with the bedroom (hardwood floor and brown furniture and lite brown paneling.
    The subtle thing is what I am going for in all the rooms---kinda like if you dont know Disney you wont get the theme, but it still looks good if you dont. I do plan on adding a ffew hidden mickeys here and there. I actually found material for kitchen curtains that have HM's in it. B4 I purchased it, I asked some total stranger and older woman if she noticed any sort of pattern or design in it (wanted to make sure I wasnt imagining things) SHE ACTUALLY SAID 'It looks like little mickey mouse heads" I about cracked up in the store. Too weird and funny.

Oh! the incoherent thing....TOO LATE...all ready there LOL

I can imagine that a flock of birds in a room as small as a bathroom would tend to get a little overwhelming.

My office is actually in the midst of getting re-done, so there's nothing to take any pictures of yet, but I'll definitely let you know.

A faux fireplace would work fine, and I hope your BF doesn't get too upset. You definitely seem to go all the way, so I'm sure you would have come up with the fireplace idea on your own

I definitely see what you mean about subtlety. Someone who doesn't know Disney would just think that you have a "tropical" bathroom. I really like that idea, and your curtain fabric sounds perfect too.

Plus, if your posts are merely glue-induced madness, then you're still leaps and bounds saner than me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast