Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Relive the Magic Disneyland DVD Review in the Disneyana forums; Here it is - my full review of the Disneyland DVD set from Relive the Magic . I won't give it away, but let's just say that I'm REALLY looking ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Relive the Magic Disneyland DVD Review

Here it is - my full review of the Disneyland DVD set from Relive the Magic.

I won't give it away, but let's just say that I'm REALLY looking forward to going to Disneyland next year!!!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Here it is - my full review of the Disneyland DVD set from Relive the Magic.

I won't give it away, but let's just say that I'm REALLY looking forward to going to Disneyland next year!!!!

I don't mean to sound overly critical, but isn't Relive the Magic one of the sponsors of MouseTunes? In that case, it might be appropriate if you put a disclaimer on this review to that effect - readers may wish to know that the product you're praising does contribute financially to another one of your endeavors. (Much the same way CNN will make note when they mention another TimeWarner subsidiary in one of their articles).

Love this site, love the podcast... just think you might want to be a tad more honest with your audience. Just my 2.

Thanks,
    Paul Lalli

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Paul,

Yes, I do endorse the RTM DVDs on both MouseTunes and DWT.com. Unlike a traditional advertiser, I am not paid to promote their product, although I am an affiliate of their service. However, anyone that has visited the site or forums knows full well that I would and do not allow any advertising that I do not use and/or recommend, hence the relatively small amount of advertising on the site.

That being said, I take issue with your crticism of my review, and accusations of dishonesty. My review of the DVD sets is based solely on my personal experience with them. If I didn't like the products, I wouldn't endorse them. Similiarly, I have reviewed numerous books, DVDs, etc. in the same manner, with no expectation of any fianancial comepnsation.

While I am under no obligation to explain the advertising methodolgies of my sites, I want to be clear that my reviews of products and services are completely unbiased.

Although I am disappointed that your first post here is somewhat both critical and accusatory, welcome to the DWT family nonethless.
    Lou Mongello

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Paul,

Yes, I do endorse the RTM DVDs on both MouseTunes and DWT.com. Unlike a traditional advertiser, I am not paid to promote their product, although I am an affiliate of their service. However, anyone that has visited the site or forums knows full well that I would and do not allow any advertising that I do not use and/or recommend, hence the relatively small amount of advertising on the site.

That being said, I take issue with your crticism of my review, and accusations of dishonesty. My review of the DVD sets is based solely on my personal experience with them. If I didn't like the products, I wouldn't endorse them. Similiarly, I have reviewed numerous books, DVDs, etc. in the same manner, with no expectation of any fianancial comepnsation.

While I am under no obligation to explain the advertising methodolgies of my sites, I want to be clear that my reviews of products and services are completely unbiased.

Although I am disappointed that your first post here is somewhat both critical and accusatory, welcome to the DWT family nonethless.
    Lou,

I ask that you please read my posting again, as you seem to have read more into it than I intended. I did not accuse you of dishonesty (suggesting you be "more honest" was not meant to imply that you are currently "dishonest" - I apologize for that confusion), nor did I suggest that you do not truly enjoy the product you endorse. I merely suggested that a disclaimer be posted along with the review, in the interest of full disclosure. If you don't think that's appropriate, by all means, ignore the suggestion. It is afterall your site.

I'm sorry you read my posting as accusatory and critical. That was not the intent. I was attempting to offer a suggestion, nothing more nothing less.

As for "anyone who's visited my site knows..." the problem is that not everyone who reads your review will be a member of your site - a search for '"Relive the Magic" review' on Google turns up your review as one of the top hits.

Again - love the site, love the podcast, and (forgot to mention last time) love both books. Please consider me nothing more than a fan offering a suggestion.

Paul Lalli

No problemo, Paul - just wanted to be perfectly clear
    Lou Mongello

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've been pretty critical of RTM's service and the flaws in their WDW set, but I have to agree with Lou about the Disneyland set. It is 100 times better than their WDW set, mainly because the menus have been improved and now are arranged like professional DVDs. Being able to pick the rides individually from the menus is a huge bonus.

Also, they've actually arranged the rides into a more understanable order. They're separated by land and park, which was one of the odder elements of certain discs in the WDW set.

I just received the Disneyland set yesterday, and since I haven't been there since I was 9 (1985), this is a great bonus and makes me want to go there soon.

Cheers!

Dan