Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss My poor, poor POTC Mouse ears... in the Disneyana forums; I got a pair of the special edition mouse ears at the POTC2 World Premiere, and on the way home, all the mouse ears I'd bought were proudly displayed in ...
    Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder

My poor, poor POTC Mouse ears...

I got a pair of the special edition mouse ears at the POTC2 World Premiere, and on the way home, all the mouse ears I'd bought were proudly displayed in the back window of the car. (And my Ash Ketchum hat. ^.^) BIG mistake. Fortunately, only one pair was damaged. UNfortunately, it was my precious pirate ears. The left ear was warped badly (although not melted), and the right was a little bent out of shape. I cried for three hours.

Any ideas on how to bring them back to shape? My Dad suggested putting our iron to it, then when it's soft, molding it back to its circular shape. I think this will actually melt the plastic to a gooey mess- a fate I'd thankfully missed when I stupidly let them cook in the back window of the car. I thought of using steam to get it soft, as well as sitting it out in the sun, then bringing it back in and attempting to re-shape it. The going rate for them on ebay is ridiculously expensive, and the ears are one of my favorite souveniers among the many prizes I brought back with me from the premiere. Should I try heating them up somehow, or just give it up and buy a new pair?
    Last edited by Pirate_Queen; 07-31-2006 at 06:56 PM.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    DId you try a hair dryer? That way you can make it as hot or not as hot as you want to? By moving the dryer closer or futher away... Worth a shot!

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Or maybe even hot water..

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Could you try putting them in the sun, and then molding them back into shape when they get hot? That's what caused the damage!

Hope you find something that works!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's what I figured...but I must also take into account that they were damaged by intense California/Arizona desert sun...I'm not sure how long it would take for suburbian Texas sun to heat it up sufficiently. Oh well. I'll try all the suggestions here. Thanks guys!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Let us know how it goes!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    You know those desk lamps? Well, recently I left a solid plastic cup under one and it warped quite a bit. So you could leave it close to a lamp, but keep a close eye on it. Then you should be able to mold it back...but you have to keep it CLOSE to the light and keep an eye on it.

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    I would just have to say not to do TO much with it. These are all good ideas but don't do so much with it that it will get REALLY out of shape.
    Got Disney?

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    sounds to me like a return trip is needed to replace the ears. Or I could go for you...you could just forward me a visa number and I'll get right on that...lol...

just kidding of course. Good luck with your ears, I hope you can fix them (wonder if you contacted disney and asked them to send a replacement...???)
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!