Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Pal Mickey in the Disneyana forums; Hopefully I got this up in the right section....if not please excuse me. Anyway, I had explained the Pal Mickey concept one day to my older 2 kids (ages 9 ...
    mrskpete is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Pal Mickey

Hopefully I got this up in the right section....if not please excuse me. Anyway, I had explained the Pal Mickey concept one day to my older 2 kids (ages 9 and 8) as they were looking over my sholder while I cruised some Disney forum boards. They of coarse got the usual "I want that" attitude that did not surprise this seasoned mamma. After reading more I really did decide this might be something to buy for them. Just as a part of my research I checked them out on Ebay after finding out what their actual cost at WDW would be ($60 once taxes were factored in I believe). I bid on a couple that said new in the box and had sellers with good raitings. I really did not expect to get one since My cut-off amount was $39~~this is Ebay you know and although other people like to spend over the items original amount I only look for deals! Well, I got one after the original winner told the seller she didn't budget enough $$ this month. I just wrote out my check for $49.08 and that includes the shipping and insurance. So I guess my question is did I do good? Or should I just have waited? Yah I should have asked this before I bought one. LOL! I always think of this afterwards. Any thoughts on Pal Mickey would be appreciated.
    ---------------
    MRSKPETE

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I purchased my brand new Pal Mickey for a grand total of $38.94 last Tuesday from Disney's Character Premiere in Florida, that includes the price, shipping, and taxes.

It arrived yesterday via UPS, and I love him!!! I was kicking myself last year for not getting one, so I was determined to get the little guy for our next trip!

If you can purchase a new and unused Pal Mickey for under $50, I think you did well.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I purchased my brand new Pal Mickey for a grand total of $38.94 last Tuesday from Disney's Character Premiere in Florida, that includes the price, shipping, and taxes.

It arrived yesterday via UPS, and I love him!!! I was kicking myself last year for not getting one, so I was determined to get the little guy for our next trip!

If you can purchase a new and unused Pal Mickey for under $50, I think you did well.
    Wow! You did even better! Either way at least we are not paying the full in park price! Way to go......
    ---------------
    MRSKPETE

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I bought PAL Mickey the first year they came out and loved it. The next year when we went back I took it to a gift shop and they updated it for free. By the way I have an eight year old daughter and she loves it.
    Eric

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My friend got one for me while I was in the hospital (Got ill while at WDW and ended up at the hospital in Celebration) and he has been by my side ever since. Since I have returned home, there is a constat battle between my grandson and me for who gets Mickey. I really now am looking forward to a future visit to WDW to see just what he does in the theme parks.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I love mine. I got him for $27.99 (plus tax) at a Disney outlet store in Florida.

JDGOtter is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey everyone! I own a Pal Mickey which I've owned for 2 years now. I was moderator for the Pal Mickey Grown-up Pals Club and we are having a reunion in May 2005. If interested, check out the website at http://www.palmickey.net
    Last edited by JDGOtter; 07-02-2005 at 09:02 AM.
    JDGOtter :mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by JDGOtter
    Hey everyone! I own a Pal Mickey which I've owned for 2 years now. I'm the moderator for the Pal Mickey Grown-up Pals Club and we are having a reunion in May 2005. If interested, check out the website at http://www.palmickey.net
    That was a neat group! I was kind of stunned to see a new version would be coming out though. Wouldn't be in time for us, so I guess its OK that I got this one already. Just kind of burns me that you get something and they always make another version for you to buy.
    ---------------
    MRSKPETE

Pal Mickey Update.

About 2 days into my trip, my Pal Mickey was having issues. It would start vibrating and wouldn't stop until I turned it off and when you pressed his hands he wouldn't say anything. So since we were in Downtown Disney, we stopped into Once Upon a Toy. We asked them about getting him repaired. They didn't know where to send me. So, they swapped my Pal Mickey for a new one. That one worked fine the next week.

So if you are having issues with your Pal Mickey, try and see if they can fix it or just swap it.
    Amanda

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Ours did that too: we walked into MGM and he started to give his 'welcome' message and wouldn't stop vibrating. Turns out he just needed fresh batteries. The camera shop at MGM (where they sell the Pal Mickeys) replaced them, but we had to pay for the batteries. Worked fine after that and still is!

They can also 'download' the latest software (or whatever it is he uses) at the major stores in the parks that sell him (The Main St. Cinema in MK for example). If you go into a park and he doesn't seem to know where he is, or if you bring him back on a later trip, stop by and ask - it only takes a minute or two to 'reboot' him.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Ours did that too: we walked into MGM and he started to give his 'welcome' message and wouldn't stop vibrating. Turns out he just needed fresh batteries. The camera shop at MGM (where they sell the Pal Mickeys) replaced them, but we had to pay for the batteries. Worked fine after that and still is!
    We did replace the batteries with brand new ones and it didn't help. That's when we decided if we could get him fixed.
    Amanda