Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Wanting to Buy. Please Help :) in the Disneyana forums; Hey guys it's been a while since I've been on here. Been busy with being in school full time as well as working also. Anyway here goes the story. My ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Wanting to Buy. Please Help :)

Hey guys it's been a while since I've been on here. Been busy with being in school full time as well as working also. Anyway here goes the story. My anniversary is coming up and I always get my wife a mirror (the wall hanging kind) because she is a mirror nut. This year I wanted to do something extra special and I recently heard something that I did not previously know. You can actually buy used Authentic Disney merchandise that was either a prop or used in the several resorts. I now know what I have to do for my anniversary. My wife and I are both Disney fanatics and have spent the last 4 vacations in Disney World. The problem is I have no idea where to look for or find an Authentic Disney wall hanging mirror. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated....THANKS!! Tim

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I know if you look in the home section of the disneystore.com they may still have some, but I'm not sure. There used to be a section on ebay but that's been empty for awhile. I'll keep my eye out and PM you if I find a site. Good luck.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran View Post
    I know if you look in the home section of the disneystore.com they may still have some, but I'm not sure. There used to be a section on ebay but that's been empty for awhile. I'll keep my eye out and PM you if I find a site. Good luck.

Wow...the Disneystore.com has some cool mirrors that I might go with if I can't find one that was used on Disney Property. The mirrors there are inexpensive and look really good. I may actually buy one to go with the one I am looking for. Thanks!!!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I just checked ebay and if you look under disney wall mirrors, many different kinds came up, including the haunted mansion one I've seen on the disneystore website.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

flutter is offline Moderator
    heres a link to ebay disney mirror....not exactly what you are looking for but hope it helps
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    heres a link to ebay disney mirror....not exactly what you are looking for but hope it helps
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

Thanks for the reply. What I'm looking for is an Authentic mirror that was used somewhere on Disney Property (old prop, resort hotel mirrors like from the polynesain etc.). I was told that Disney does surplus items like this but I'm not sure where I would find it. Ebay is probably my best bet and if I can't find the one I'm looking for by early December I will probably go with the Haunted Mansion mirror since it is a limited edition mirror. Thanks again!

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post

I looked there and called them. They were supposed to email me some pictures of the mirrors but I haven't heard from them in 2 days . They seem to be the place that carries what I'm looking for but it's tough to get them on the phone.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    As Flutter suggested, Mousesurplus is the place you are looking for.

They have a good reputation. From my understanding, this guy made a deal with Disney to sell off thier used props and hotel furnishings. I believe he has a good reputation too, which is always nice. Be patient.

Let us know what happens, we would love to see photos of the end product.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i just checked out this website and noticed in the column on the side it says that mousesurplus is closed until the 13th for inventory so maybe thats why they havent gotten back to yu yet.
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    i just checked out this website and noticed in the column on the side it says that mousesurplus is closed until the 13th for inventory so maybe thats why they havent gotten back to yu yet.

Hmmm...I didn't notice that. I did talk to someone on Tuesday and he took down my email. He said he would email some pictures. That is probably why...thanks for pointing that out.

Hey all...I just wanted to update you on the current situation. I have actually talked to several people now at Mousesurplus and I have been promised pictures of the merchandise all week. I have yet to receive any pictures. I however do understand that they are going through a massive inventory audit and their time is limited. I am trying to figure out another way and I was wondering if anyone in the Orlando area might be able to stop by and take some digital pictures for me? I know that this is a lot to ask but it is very important to me because my anniversary is in less than a month. If you are able to do this for me please PM me. If you are a Disney fanatic like you understand what I'm going through right now with the possibility of getting something that was on DIsney property. Thank you guys again for all your help.