Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Too much High School Musical in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Is it just me, or is Disney making way to big a deal out of High School Musical. I liked the movie, but I just see too much of it ...
    Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Too much High School Musical

Is it just me, or is Disney making way to big a deal out of High School Musical. I liked the movie, but I just see too much of it and to much on the stars. First of all I thibk Disney Channel plays too much of HSM. It's like on every other week!!! Also their ruining the movie with all the Pop-up editions and other things. I also heard there's going to be a HSM pep rally at DW and there making a HSM 2!! What more can they do! I'm really getting annoyed.

Anybody else feel this way?
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    To me, HSM wasn't as great as everybody told. To me it was ok, not the greatest, but ok. I know there are people really enjoyed the movie, but there are a group of people who could care less for it(me being one of them). Disney will keep making HSM stuff because people like it and people will pay for it(see the people wins and Disney wins). Now HSM on Disney Channel is no problem to me because I only watch a few shows on there and sometimes movies depending on what it is, and if HSM does go into the parks it better be at MGM. It makes perfect sense to go there(movies in a movie themed park, makes sense to me lol). They will be really out of place at Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Animal Kingdom.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost View Post
    To me, HSM wasn't as great as everybody told. To me it was ok, not the greatest, but ok. I know there are people really enjoyed the movie, but there are a group of people who could care less for it(me being one of them). Disney will keep making HSM stuff because people like it and people will pay for it(see the people wins and Disney wins). Now HSM on Disney Channel is no problem to me because I only watch a few shows on there and sometimes movies depending on what it is, and if HSM does go into the parks it better be at MGM. It makes perfect sense to go there(movies in a movie themed park, makes sense to me lol). They will be really out of place at Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Animal Kingdom.
    AMEN to that. I didnt think it was anything special either.........in fact I saw no appeal to it
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    It must have clicked with enough tweens to make it a money maker. I was in the Disney Store recently and a little girl was buying something associated with HSM. The cast member asked if she liked HSM and her father responded that she buys everything she can get her hands on that references it. The little girl was just nodding her head. For me, I watched it to answer questions in VMK, but I certainly didn't enjoy it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Not only Tweens and as to saying its on every week I would say is wrong because it hasn't been on since like early October but I definitely think they play Parent Trap every weekend.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    i think that after the 2ed HSM they shouldnt make another one...after a while the movie just gets old
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

Does anybody know what its appeal is.....its not funny.....its not interesting.....its just another Disney Channel Original Movie..........nothing more and nothing less
    4 8 15 16 23 42

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I don't like HSM either and don't like how they dump it into the park, when other big screen movies like Monster's Inc. have to wait years to get an attraction.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    Quote Originally Posted by DarGoku368 View Post
    Does anybody know what its appeal is.....its not funny.....its not interesting.....its just another Disney Channel Original Movie..........nothing more and nothing less
    i think it was just trying to entertain little kids with all of the singing and dancing. Well thats what i think anyway.. i could be wrong
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

Silver Magic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I liked the movie but Disney Channel shows it WAY too much. Im sick of it now! I also think DC is running out of ideas for TV shows and movies.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Overplayed to much.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Not sick whatsoever lol

Disney loves me
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Magic View Post
    I liked the movie but Disney Channel shows it WAY too much. Im sick of it now! I also think DC is running out of ideas for TV shows and movies.
    I agree and I would go one step further to say that everything that the Disney Channel has shown for the past couple of years have been mediocre at best.........I mean cmon its disney and Thats So Raven and the Suite Life of whatever is the best they could do
    4 8 15 16 23 42

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    now there is going to be HSM 2. Why make a sequel? Is it possible to have a sequel to a musical? Ask yourself these questions and see if they make sense to you.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    now there is going to be HSM 2. Why make a sequel? Is it possible to have a sequel to a musical?
    They make sequels to everything else, of course its possible to have a sequel to a musical.

I thought HSM was awful so I would not vote for a sequel but I can see why they would make one.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast