Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss high school musical 2?????????? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; i was signing up for something on a disney site and it was asking if i would be interested in a bunch of movies and shows and one i think ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Question high school musical 2??????????

i was signing up for something on a disney site and it was asking if i would be interested in a bunch of movies and shows and one i think said high school musical 2

any thoughts or ideas?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Tricksters Girl is offline McQueen and Sally parked beneath the tree K-I-S-somethin'-somethin'-somet
    I would love to see a High School Musical 2 made I loved the first one.

So much to do, So little time to do it in

Disneyfreak5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    They could make a 2nd. Yet not at the moment(Zach Efron is doing Hairspray the movie).

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    they have already planned to make a highschool musical 2, i hope it is as good as the original
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Silver Magic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney is already working on filming it and I heard it's supposed to come out this summer.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Goodness why?!!?!!!! Sequels

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    They are going to start shooting HSM2 in March and it is going to come out in the summer. I also read in TV Guide (this weeks issue) that they might have a HSM3 but not a DCOM but a full-scale motion picture. I'll post the article once I find it.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 02-21-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

High School Musical "Soaring and Flying" to the Big Screen

Disney plans a second sequel for theatrical release

Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens, High School Musical
    Before a single frame has been shot for the sequel to the Disney Channel's megahit TV-movie High School Musical, plans are already under way for a third film. But this one will be for the big screen. Disney has announced plans to have the yet-to-be-titled second sequel premiere in movie theaters by the fourth quarter of 2008. The release will be timed for Halloween and have a story set in a haunted high school, Disney Channel chief Rich Ross told the Biz.
    "The bigness of the idea we're working on would require a budget that would far outstrip what we've spent on other Disney Channel movies," said Ross, citing the reason for going the theatrical route first.
    Ross said the cast has been alerted of plans to go ahead with a third High School Musical, but none have been signed as of yet. They will all reprise their roles in High School Musical 2, which begins production in March.
    Disney has plenty of reasons to feel confident that there will be enough of an appetite for HSM to plan another chapter so far down the road. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Wall Street analysts have been told that High School Musical will generate a $100 million to the company's operating income over 2006 and 2007.
    Shot in Utah with a budget of just over $4 million, HSM was an immediate hit on the Disney Channel after its Jan. 20, 2006, premiere. It went on to become a worldwide sensation — 100 million people around the world have seen it on television.
    The soundtrack was the No. 1 album of the year, selling 6.3 million copies worldwide. The DVD has sold 6.5 million copies around the world. An arena concert tour featuring cast members Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Anne Hudgens and Corbin Bleu sold out its 42 dates. A novelization of the movie, High School Musical: The Novel, sold 1.2 million copies. Let's not forget theme-park shows, school supplies, a DVD board game and sheet music.
    But here's one of the most interesting numbers: This year there will be 2,000 theatrical presentations by schools and other groups around the world. Rather than turn it into a Broadway stage attraction (never say never), Disney's theatrical division has been taking a grassroots approach by licensing the show to theater programs at junior colleges and high schools. Groups pay a nominal fee for the rights, but the real returns are in the explosive demand it creates for the show.
    "You've created a movie about kids expressing themselves and being able to break through the status quo to do it," said Ross. "What would be more appropriate than putting this message and content into the hands of kids themselves? We really felt by bringing it into the schools it would grow like a tree."
    Make that a money tree.
    Here's the Link: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...5-639A38A25347}

Then click on the article on the right side.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 02-21-2007 at 12:58 PM.

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too

more than hsm 2

i also heard that not only are we going to get a hsm 2 but that by halloween there would be a hsm 3 halloween themed movie! has anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkAttitude View Post
    i also heard that not only are we going to get a hsm 2 but that by halloween there would be a hsm 3 halloween themed movie! has anyone else heard this?
    Yeah I heard that... I put the article in the post above yours. If anything it would be next Halloween.

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    i'm all for it - the movie was g rated and my whole family loved it... and hopefully my kids learned something from it, even if it was pretty unrealistic! and so far we haven't heard any rumors about any of the characters being arrested for dui like chelsea from that's so raven!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    please...please...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!

i hope they dont rip off Grease again

and i have a question, how many high schoolers do you know actually write musicals that are good anough to be preformed at their school????
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkAttitude View Post
    That is what I heard on my morning show radio station.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13