Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Incredibles Happy Meal Box in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My sister got a happy meal from McDonalds yesterday. It was advertising the Incredibles - each side featuring stats on different characters. While looking at the box, I was alarmed ...
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah

Incredibles Happy Meal Box

My sister got a happy meal from McDonalds yesterday. It was advertising the Incredibles - each side featuring stats on different characters. While looking at the box, I was alarmed by some of Violet's stats. The box says she is 5'4" and weighs 85 pounds. This puts her at a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 14.6 - any person with a BMI under 18.5 is considered to be underweight. A few months back, Mary Kate Olsen was put in a treatment facility for being about 95 pounds - and she's 2-3 inches shorter than Violet. I didn't think that this was a good body image to be portraying to young people who are already self-conscious enough about their weights.I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this and if anyone else had any thoughts on this.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That is really irresponsible of Disney/Pixar/McDonalds, even if it is for a cartoon character. Most likely, though, the kids who read it are not going to be very aware of what it means. My almost 12 year old dd didn't think anything of it, even though she is shorter and heavier than that (and perfectly sized for her age/height).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Yeah, I knew most kids would not even really notice, but for the kids who do notice, most aren't going to realize that it is not realistic or healthy. It just suprized me.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!