Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; For those of you that haven't bought the DVD of Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, the Disney Channel is showing it on Sunday December 12 at 8:00 (I think it ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas

For those of you that haven't bought the DVD of Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, the Disney Channel is showing it on Sunday December 12 at 8:00 (I think it said 8). They say it will be a one time only showing. I own the DVD and watched it last night, and it's not something I'd watch over and over, so I wish I knew that it would be shown on TV, so I could have saved the money for a different Disney movie.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Yeah, it's on at 8:00 (east coast) and goes until roughly 9:15

which is just dandy, because now I can finally get Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas as well.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    This DVD did not appeal to us at all. I read an article on SaveDisney.com by a former Disney animator and he had very strong feelings against the Fab 5 being subjected to CGI.

My kids said the characters looked "scary" because it was not what they were used to.

I figure Disney is just trying to squeeze more $$ out of their classics any way possible with no regard to quality.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I like your kids description, wdw4us2! The Fab 5 do look "scary" in computer animation. I don't think that characters that are traditionally hand animated should be computer animated, or the opposite, that computer animated characters should be hand animated. They always look funny and unnatural.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Does Mickey's ears always face forward in CGI like they are supposed to? I didn't get the impression they did, but I haven't seen the movie or paid much attention to it.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I am not sure, Mandabella, about Mickey's ears, but I will pay attention to that when/if I get around to watching the movie. I have to make an exception to what I said early. Mickey's Phillharmagic is beautiful, so I guess characters out of their "natural habitat" can look good when done well.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hi, Amanda! Hope you had a great trip!

My son absolutely loves Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, so it plays daily here. Mickey's ears do not always face forward like the hand-drawn version, but Mickey wears a hat for a large percentage of his screen time.

At first viewing, the CGI characters were distracting to me, but after a while they look more 'real'. The one exception is Daisy Duck in the second featurette - she's wearing a long purple dress that just looks weird. Pluto is done very well, IMHO.

I tried putting on Once Upon a Christmas for my son, and he had no interest (though he loves the 2-d 'Three Musketeers'). I think the direct-to-video 'traditional' animation of Once looks a lot worse than the CGI of Twice. It's not Pixar, but it's far from terrible. The music on Twice is nice and the stories are simple but cute, with a few bits of humor thrown in for the adults. It is primarily a kids movie, and should be treated as such.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page