Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Donald has a twin sister? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I've read in the Disney Dosseries (Filed of Character From The Walt Disney Studios) by Jeff Kurtti, that Donald Duck has a Twin sister, Della Thelma Duck, and that Daisy's ...
    PsychoTyco244 is offline A-Ticket holder

Donald has a twin sister?

I've read in the Disney Dosseries (Filed of Character From The Walt Disney
    Studios) by Jeff Kurtti, that Donald Duck has a Twin sister, Della
    Thelma Duck, and that Daisy's brother had married her, thus giving the status
    of Huey, Duey and Louie Donald's nephews.

Does anyone know if and where any commic strip or cartoon has brought up the
    little tidbit of Donald having a twin sister, and if she is just an
    unseen character made to fill in the spot of how the boys became Donald's
    nephews?

thanks

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    At this hour my trivia mind is not working to full extent so Tiggerguy or JC can correct me if I am wrong. ***VIX bows to the Gods of Trivia. LOL

If I do remember ...there is one cartoon that mentions his sister, whose name for some reason I want to call Donna(or Dumbella---something D'ish---Della doesnt strike a bell) drops off the boys with him to watch. Not sure if they show her or not. Guess she just never came back.??? Never heard anything about her being married to Daisy's bro tho.

Now I will not sleep till I find out exactly...lol Thanks Loads LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

LOL!! I'm so sorry, Its late I know, I had to go through a 14 hour work day thinking about that all evening too... I've been going through everything that I can possibly think of and that I posess.. And I'm not finding anything.. If I find anything more I'll post it asap!!

OK...and yes I found it quick--I have too many Disney sites saved on my favorites.

Courtesy of HooZoo

Donald is irascible, impetuous and plagued by ignonomy, but has the uncanny ability to always believe the best about himself. Although the son of Uncle $crooge's older sister Hortense and her husband, Quackmore, and he is a twin to his sister, Della, Donald was primarily raised by Grandma Duck. In his later years Donald was saddled with the responsibility of raising his own triplet nephews, Huey, Dewey & Louie. Donald also has a pet St. Bernard named Bolivar and his offspring, the puppy, Behemoth. For a brief time, Donald enlisted in the Navy and left his Nephews with his own uncle $crooge McDuck, retrieving them upon his discharge. Donald's long-time girlfriend is Daisy Duck (who is also his cousin), and is constantly vying for her affections with his other cousin, the "Lucky Duck," Gladstone Gander.

NOw that last bit is a tad creepy and uggy.

ohhhhhh thats awesome!!! And as creepy as that is, it answeres sooo many questions, Thank you sooooo much!!! Now I can finally go to sleep

Here is info on Daisy too.

her film debut, "Don Donald" (1937), her name was Donna, though her very next appearance in "Mr. Duck Steps Out" (1940) her name is changed to Daisy. Daisy has always been considered a member of Donald Duck's family tree, but her actual branch has never been fully revealed. She actually does refer to Scrooge as "uncle" in at least in "Clothes Make the Duck" (US #32) and "Hall of the Mermaid Queen" (US #68), though her actual relation could be through the marriage of her unnamed brother to Donald Duck's sister Della. However, in an unpublished version of Don Rosa's Duck Family Tree she is the sister of the father of Huey, Dewey & Louie.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    That's pretty much how I remember Dumbella, so I checked Dave Smith:

Dumbella Sister of Donald Duck and mother of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, according to the cartoon Donald's Nephews (1938).
    And as far as Dumbella vs. Della, I remember reading once upon a time that "Della Thelma Duck" was her name in the comics and "Dumbella" was a nickname of sorts and used in the cartoons. I don't know if it is accurate though. Either way, I don't think she was ever seen.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

SEE I knew I wasnt crazy....I remember that cartoon and them calling her Dumbella.

I got smart and looked up H,D,L on HooZoo

Della (mother - called Dumbella in the film "Donald's Nephews");

In the comics Donald Duck's twin sister, Della, sent her triplet sons to their uncle's house for a visit with a letter that read,
    "Dear Donald:
    I am sending your angel nephews Louie, Huey and Dewey, to stay with you while their father is in the hospital. A giant firecracker exploded under his chair.* The little darlings are so playful. I hope you enjoy them.
    Your cousin,
    Della."

(* a stunt they seem to have repeated in WDC&S #349 against the braggart Prof. Pulpheart Clabberhead).
    A briefer version of the letter was shown in their film debut as,

"Dear Brother-
    I am sending your angel nephews to stay with you.
    Sister Dumbella"

Of course Della was eventually revealed to actually be Donald's sister and a shortened version of Dumbella, but we are never told why the Nephews have not returned home or what eventually became of their parents. One would assume that perhaps the three ducklings were abandoned to their irascible uncle, whom they relished to torture.

Now that is settled in my tiny little brain this late at nite I am going to rest peacefully. Good nite, sleep tite and dont let little ducks bite.

Ohhhh woah, Okay, I checked again with the Disney Dossiers book that I have where I got the question from.. and I totally missed it, that under his profile, His Father: Quackmore Duck, mother: Hortense McDuck (probably sister to Scrooge?) and sibilings: Della Duck (twin Sister).. while Daisy's brother had married Donald's twin sister, Della Thelma Duck, and together, the two became parents of Huey, Duey, and Louie....

so in a way that makes sense.. and if its her brother who married his sister, really they are only relaited through marriage.. and I guess they are only a couple in Arkansas... huh? lol jkjkjk

haha thanks so much for all your help vixen!!! sleep well and sweet dreams

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Don't know if anybody knew: There's a 1939 cartoon called "Donald's Cousin Gus." Gus shows up to Donald's door with a note that reads, "Dear Nephew,
    This is your cousin Gus Goose. I'm sending him to visit you- Love, Aunt Fanny
    P.S. He don't eat much."

So apparently Donald has an aunt fanny and cousin Gus, and interbreeding between ducks and geese in his family.
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This thread had me so confused, I had to create a family tree. Did I get it right?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

LOL@ V Toooooo funny. And I thot I had a lot spare time on my hands LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast