Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney Channel Begins Production on Wizards of Waverly Place in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From WorldScreen.com: 2007-03-05 Disney Channel Begins Production on Wizards of Waverly Place BURBANK, March 5: Production has begun this week on Wizards of Waverly Place , a new Disney Channel ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney Channel Begins Production on Wizards of Waverly Place

From WorldScreen.com:

2007-03-05

Disney Channel Begins Production on Wizards of Waverly Place

BURBANK, March 5: Production has begun this week on Wizards of Waverly Place, a new Disney Channel original series about three siblings who have magical powers,for an initial premiere in the U.S. this fall, and later on Disney Channels around the world.

Produced by It's A Laugh Production in association with Disney Channel, the series is centered around a multicultural family named the Russos that has three squabbling siblings with magical powers and are wizards in training. Fred Savage (Disney Channel's Phil of the Future) is set to direct the first two episodes. Todd J. Greenwald, the creator of the series and a writer on the Disney Channel series Hannah Montana, and Peter Murrieta (Greetings from Tucson, Hope & Faith) will be executive producers.

Gary Marsh, the president of entertainment at Disney Channel Worldwide, commented: "Ask any kid—what's their one wish? To have magical powers. So we decided that if we combined the elements of wizardry alongside the daily antics of three teenagers living under the same roof with their multicultural parents, we'd have a backdrop for a great series.”

Source URL: http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurre...sney030507.htm

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    hmm, that sounds interesting, i will definately be keeping a lookout for this show on disney channel
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!