Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Are You Going To See Meet The Robinsons?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Meet the Robinsons in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm definelty seeing it, I'm bringing my sisters. The dinosaur cracks me up every time. I've got a big head and little arms.......
    CrazyPi is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm definelty seeing it, I'm bringing my sisters.
    The dinosaur cracks me up every time. I've got a big head and little arms....

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    if it's still in the theatre next month, maybe I'll try to catch it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I basically have no choice in the matter. Kids are going to make me see it.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Movie Review: Meet The Robinsons – In Disney Digital 3-D

An excerpt from MonstersandCritics.com:
    ================================================== =============
    Movie Review: Meet The Robinsons – In Disney Digital 3-D

With the new ‘Meet the Robinsons,’ Disney has done it again. The film is tricked out in a brilliant new 3-D process (called Disney Digital 3-D) and, to avoid the Fantasia disaster, it will be released to some 600 digitally equipped theatres in North America.
    ================================================== =============
    For the full story, click here: http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...ey_Digital_3-D

From The Washington Post:
    ================================================== =====================
    "Robinsons" is first test of Lasseter at Disney

By Gina Keating
    Reuters
    Thursday, March 29, 2007; 3:01 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co.'s animated movie "Meet the Robinsons" debuts on Friday with modest box office expectations in the first major test of Pixar's creative influence on Disney's struggling animation studio.
    ================================================== =====================

For the full story, click here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032901328.html

Post Review from New York Daily News

Time travel tale needs fast-forward

New Disney pic 'Meet the Robinsons' is enjoyable once it takes flight

By JACK MATHEWS
    DAILY NEWS MOVIE CRITIC
    Friday, March 30th 2007, 4:00 AM
    "Meet the Robinsons"
    Animated comedy about an orphaned boy who travels into the future looking for his mother. Director: Stephen J. Anderson (1:33). G: Nothing objectionable. At area theaters.
    It takes nearly an hour before Stephen J. Anderson's 3-D, animated comedy "Meet the Robinsons" begins to make sense, and when it does, the film literally takes off.

But unless you're familiar with the children's book by William Joyce from which it's adapted, that first hour is a cluttered, noisy, nearly unendurable mess.
    ================================================== =========================
    For the full review, click here: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...forward-2.html

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I saw it today and have to say it was a really awesome movie! I had seen "spy kids 3D" in theaters a few years ago and the graphics were really terrible. The theater I saw it in offered the 3D thing and the graphics were so amazing!! I was blown away by how great it looked. The story was also great. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but this movie is a must see. The ending made me cry (in a good way). So everyone go out and see this movie, you will be glad you did!! :-)
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I loved it, the 3-d was so amazing...the glasses they give you are like the ones at Philharmagic (not the red/blue lenses), and the quality is simply amazing. The ending did make me tear up a bit, including the very...last...THING, but you have to wait to see it.

Oh, and you get to see a Donald and Chip 'n' Dale cartoon from back in the day that is very cute.

Did anyone else catch all the hidden stuff in here? Mickeys, castles, homages to old movies, I love watching these kinds and figuring out their "puzzles"!
    Tina

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i didn't catch anything, lol I wasn't really looking though, maybe I will go see it again, I would definately like to, but if I can't get to the theater again I will just buy it when it comes out on DVD. The chip n' dale cartoon was so awesome! Didn't it say that it was the first 3D thing that walt made? was there 3D back then?? I was confuzed about that.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Post Studios see 3-D potential

From the Orlando Sentinel.com, more on Meet the Robinsons and 3D films in general:
    ================================================== ==================
    Studios see 3-D potential
    Disney and DreamWorks plan to make more 3-D versions of their films.

Andy Fixmer | Bloomberg News
    Posted March 31, 2007

3-D movies are back, and the glasses are cooler.

More than 50 years after Creature From the Black Lagoon became one of the first movies shown in three dimensions, Walt Disney Co. on Friday released Meet the Robinsons, kicking off its plan to make four 3-D films annually. DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. says it will produce 3-D versions of all its films.

================================================== ==================
    For the full story, click here: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...tory?track=rss

GoofTroop3 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have to agree. I really enjoyed the movie (especially the last part). I was very touched and thought it was a real nice way to..you know...make a certain point...which I won't go into since I don't want to spoil it.

My six-year old son loved it! No objectionable parts for us and good moral values.

We saw it in DD3D. Did anyone else, besides my husband and I , have trouble seeing images that were moving fast? That is, fast action seemed to sort of vibrate too fast to see the images on the screen. My son noticed nothing. Is this perhaps an old age effect? Maybe only our eyes picked up on it since were middle-aged? I don't know but we both saw it. Or it could be the theatre where we saw it. I don't know.

We also just finished seeing The Last Mimsy...we all thought that was a very good movie.

Mose is offline A-Ticket holder
    I gotta say it was better than expected.The 2D version has with a different classic Disney short at the beginning. The short has Mickey, Donald, and Goofy (and a quick appearance by Minnie) and they are building a boat...I believe the 3D short is the Chip'n'Dale and Donald short they used to show before the Lion King puppet-esque show in the Magic Kingdom.

The movie itself was good...it really picks up about 30 minutes into it and never lets up. A lot of surreal scenes and sequences (especially the singing frogs...wow that was crazy!) Once you hit the point where you are in the future, the visuals really take off as well. This was the most thought I've seen put into the design of an animated film since Robots ( while not a Disney film, it's absolutely GORGEOUS to look at). The characters grow on you pretty quickly...even the villain is endearing, even though he looks like a typical mustache-twirling goon, he's got tons of personality. He was my favorite character in the film. The dinosaur was great as well....only Disney can take a T-Rex and make him THAT lovable. A simple plot keeps things from getting too complicated and let's you enjoy what's going on, while keeping everything rolling.And there is one particular sequence that was DARK...I mean really creepy stuff. Nice to see they weren't pulling the punches for what (I think) is Disney's last 3D film. Everything 3D from here on in is Pixar, correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I do recommend the movie...it was fun and worth seeing in the theater. I'd imagine it's amazing in 3D.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The 3D version is absolutely stunning! Got to see it this afternoon, and it is very well done in 3D. The short at the beginning is "Working for Peanuts" - the classic Donald, Chip & Dale short that was shown in stereograph at one time. The 3D effects on the short were fun to watch, but quite different in style than the 3D experienced in Meet the Robinsons.

I think you may be confusing 3D with CG - reports have been that Walt Disney Animation will be returning to traditional 2D and Pixar will continue with the computer generated animation. That's not quite the same as the REAL-D 3-dimensional experience, which was also used on Monster House (non-Disney) and Nightmare Before Christmas's rerelease last October. This REAL-D process is actually applied to a completed movie - and technically it can be any movie, animated or live-action - to convert it to 3D. A few years ago when introducing this process, the inventors demonstrated with a scene from Star Wars. Trying to find some old links to related articles for you.... will have to get back to you with those.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mose View Post
    Everything 3D from here on in is Pixar, correct me if I am wrong.
    While I'm not sure about the 3-D effects, this movie was not from Pixar. It was from the Chicken Little people!
    Tina

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here you go: www.reald.com The corporate website for REAL-D, the company that created the 3D version.

They are an independent company, although Roy Disney's personal investment company, Shamrock Capital Growth Fund, has invested heavily in them. REAL-D's work is not only in movies, but also in scientific imaging as well.

Upcoming 3D releases include Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf from WB/Paramount and Journey 3D based on Journey to the Center of the Earth and produced by Walden Media (The company that brought us Narnia)

This article in particular is interesting: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast