Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney Introduces its first black princess in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From cinematical.com: ================================================== Anika Noni Rose to Voice 'The Frog Princess' Posted Apr 21st 2007 2:03PM by Erik Davis Filed under: Animation, Music & Musicals, Casting, Disney Though Beyoncé Knowles ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Anika Noni Rose to Voice 'The Frog Princess'

From cinematical.com:
    ==================================================
    Anika Noni Rose to Voice 'The Frog Princess'

Posted Apr 21st 2007 2:03PM by Erik Davis
    Filed under: Animation, Music & Musicals, Casting, Disney

Though Beyoncé Knowles and Jennifer Hudson stole the Dreamgirls spotlight from Anika Noni Rose, it is Rose who apparently beat out Hudson (as well as ladies like Alicia Keyes and Tyra Banks) for the lead role in Disney's upcoming animated musical feature, The Frog Princess.

==================================================
    Full story here: http://www.qww.cinematical.com/2007/...frog-princess/

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Historically speaking, Pocahontas is Powhatan...not Lenape. The Lenape were/are further north of the area surrounding Jamestown, VA.

Regarding if she is considered "of color" is a matter what definitions of race/ethnicity do you want to apply... I do know we've have the discussions on whether she's a princess or not, but that's in another thread.
    See, i'm always late to something. Pocahontas is my abslute favorite...And yes, she is Powhatan. Their Indian Reservation is about an hour from me. My brother takes his son every year. Did i ever tell you I have Indian in....Powhatan Indian that is..... Maybe that's why i like her so much
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I can't wait for Frog Princess
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder

if only..

I really hope I do not offend anyone when I say this, but I don't know why in the world people are making such a big deal out of this. We have had ethnic princesses before...Mulan, Pochahontas, etc. etc.
    We should all just enjoy the Disney magic and not care about one another's skin color, yes it's great that Disney is doing this but then again why does the skin color of a princess matter?!?
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodagirl94 View Post
    I really hope I do not offend anyone when I say this, but I don't know why in the world people are making such a big deal out of this. We have had ethnic princesses before...Mulan, Pochahontas, etc. etc.
    We should all just enjoy the Disney magic and not care about one another's skin color, yes it's great that Disney is doing this but then again why does the skin color of a princess matter?!?
    I agree, it shouldn't matter about the skin color and we should just enjoy the Disney magic...but Mulan, Pochahontas, etc, weren't really considered Pincesses.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Ugh. There are plenty of differences in ethnicity in Disney movies. They don't need to make a big deal out of it.
    Love, Kerri

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Even if we dont consider Pocohantas and Mulan pricesses(which i dont really but some do) there is still Jasmine who is a princess from a different ethinicity than the others. I think its great that they are doing other ethnicities but im also on the page that it doesnt really matter that much cuz its the character i look at and not the physical features(except when it comes to wanting to play one, then i do)
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by yodagirl94 View Post

I can only speak for myself but Im not offended. I think the issue is because African Americans and Latinos are the only races that never been potray in a Disney movie as leads. So yes it a big thing and a great step for the world as whole as far as acceptace of a people regardless of race.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Pocohantas would be considered a princess.. her father was a chief of a tribe.. in my eyes that would make her one.. that is a station equal to a king.. and not to down the princess cindy.. but she just married in.. and pocohantas is a princess by blood...LOL

just my thought...LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Chickapin Chick is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm thrilled! I am so glad that the Disney princesses will have more diversity. (I actually LOVE the African tale "Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters" by John Steptoe and hoped that it would be the first Disney movie with an African princess, but hey, maybe it will be the second!) To each his own, everyone has their own opinion, but I am just so glad that more little girls will be able to walk into a Disney park or a Disney Store and now have a character that they can relate to. In this diverse country we live in, I definitely think this announcement is long overdue.
    "The future is coming, you've got to catch it if you can..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123