Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney Introduces its first black princess in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Story Highlights Disney's "The Frog Princess" will feature black princess Animated film set in New Orleans Directors also did "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin" Film scheduled ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Thumbs up Disney Introduces its first black princess

Story Highlights

Disney's "The Frog Princess" will feature black princess
    Animated film set in New Orleans
    Directors also did "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin"
    Film scheduled for 2009 release

The link :
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

What do you think about this new movie coming out?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I thought that title went to DWT's own "JediPrincess"? I know SHE would claim that title, and she has the tatoo to prove it!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove View Post
    I thought that title went to DWT's own "JediPrincess"? I know SHE would claim that title, and she has the tatoo to prove it!!

You know it girl I hear it on the radio this morning and was like YES finally a princess I can play in the park. I've seen her picture and she pretty but go figure I'm going to be way lighter then her to ever get a shot at being her oh well at least they finally have a black princess to add to the mix. Took them long enough.lol

Concept art of Princess Maddy that I found she very pretty.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 03-16-2007 at 10:32 AM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    You know it girl I hear it on the radio this morning and was like YES finally a princess I can play in the park. I've seen her picture and she pretty but go figure I'm going to be way lighter then her to ever get a shot at being her oh well at least they finally have a black princess to add to the mix. Took them long enough.lol

She does look very pretty. In the article it states disney princesses that were only "white"...they didn't include Jasmine at all

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I was under the impression Mulan was considered a Princess as well...is that to be contested?
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat View Post
    I was under the impression Mulan was considered a Princess as well...is that to be contested?
    Yes, and no...I consider her a beautiful warrior.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post

MAKEUP hon, makeup!!! LOL I'm lightskinned myself (high-yellow ) because I'm biracial. My dh is white, and all my kiddies are white, a couple are ghost white.. LOL

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Oh, but to answer the OP- I actually was thinking "it's about time." Just because, as 'diverse' as WDW is, I'm amazed that it's lasted this long that the only princesses (besides Jasmine) are all caucasian.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat View Post
    Disney likes to lump all their heroines into the "princess" category.

Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    Yes, and no...I consider her a beautiful warrior.
    Definitely a strong and beautiful heroine!!

Quote Originally Posted by HomeofLove4Him View Post
    MAKEUP hon, makeup!!! LOL I'm lightskinned myself (high-yellow ) because I'm biracial. My dh is white, and all my kiddies are white, a couple are ghost white.. LOL
    I cannot even remember the last time I heard/saw someone use the phrase "high-yellow" to describe them or anyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by HomeofLove4Him View Post
    Oh, but to answer the OP- I actually was thinking "it's about time." Just because, as 'diverse' as WDW is, I'm amazed that it's lasted this long that the only princesses (besides Jasmine) are all caucasian.
    Agreed. I think a lot of people like to claim Nala, but uh-huh...she's not even human!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove View Post
    You know I was thinking the same thing

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    And even more cool news is the location, in and around the french quarter, which is a great setting, and close to our new home here in NOLA, baby! See Jer, NOW you will have to come visit me and we'll get to know this new princess "sista", okay?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    they still need a hispanic princess
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Let's not forget to include Pocahontas in there, as well.

Being real technical here, but for anyone who may genuinely be interested in that sort of thing, Arabs (ie; Jasmine) are considered "white" in anthropolgy; in the same category as Italians, Greeks and other folks around the Mediterranean.

As far as the argument Mulan always seems to kick up concerning her "princess" status, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This gal is no princess. They're a dime a dozen, anyway (trust me, I'm stuck in southern California at the moment). She's so much more than that. Folks like her willing to lay it all down on the line for the sake of everyone else are a breed getting harder and harder to come by these days, without even bringing into the discussion all that nonsense of "non-traditional gender roles."

It's sort of a shame her story tends to be one of the under-the-radar Disney flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Let's not forget to include Pocahontas in there, as well.

Being real technical here, but for anyone who may genuinely be interested in that sort of thing, Arabs (ie; Jasmine) are considered "white" in anthropolgy; in the same category as Italians, Greeks and other folks around the Mediterranean.

As far as the argument Mulan always seems to kick up concerning her "princess" status, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This gal is no princess. They're a dime a dozen, anyway (trust me, I'm stuck in southern California at the moment). She's so much more than that. Folks like her willing to lay it all down on the line for the sake of everyone else are a breed getting harder and harder to come by these days, without even bringing into the discussion all that nonsense of "non-traditional gender roles."

It's sort of a shame her story tends to be one of the under-the-radar Disney flicks.
    Yes, Pocahontas.

I didn't know that Arabs were considered "white", thanks for bringing that up. I am wondering if it is because of their location......

I really liked Mulan--so much I almost got my parents to completely change my room into a Mulan dominated warrior room(hehe).

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Pretty interesting...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast