Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss when do you think they might? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; release beauty and the beast on dvd.. i had it! i bought it the day it came out years ago.. well, we took it with us to disney last year ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

when do you think they might?

release beauty and the beast on dvd.. i had it! i bought it the day it came out years ago..

well, we took it with us to disney last year and i dont know what happened to it but it wont play!!! and i could just kick myself in the hinney!! because i have the software to burn and do backup copies of m collection and i didnt do it!!!

i back up copied my lil mermaid thou.. i dont use the copy i bought i keep it put up so nothing happens to it..

but now my beauty and the beast it gone

and they are going for about $30 on ebay.. i only gave like $15 for my copy at wally world
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Generally speaking, Disney films that go into the vault stay in the vault for approximately 7 years. Beauty and the Beast was released in October 2002 for the Platinum Edition. I'd anticipate a Fall 2009 for a re-release.

To give you an idea, I missed 1999 release of Peter Pan when it was first released on DVD. I just bought the 2007 Platinum Edition. I owned the 1999 release of The Little Mermaid, and later purchased the 2006 Platinum Edition.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AUGH!!! so i either have to wait 2 years...LOL or give up the $30 bucks...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    In stores across the 4 parks I see Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin and such occasionally. I dont know if you look in there much but I do see them, hope that helps

i havent been to the parks since last year and then it worked.. its when we got back that my dvd quit playing
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I won't go into how much I have spent on vaulted Disney dvds (in particular, check out how much unopened Platinum copies of Sleeping Beauty are going for), but suffice it to say, I feel like it was worth it to not have to wait for a re-release. the only ones I am really anticipating a re-release for are Fantasia, the Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations, and, of course, Song of the South.

I knew I couldn't wait for the re-releases and I basically said, "I better get em now, before they go up even further!"

EDIT: I just checked eBay for Sleeping Beauty and the price has gone down drastically. drat.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 05-09-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: accuracy

If we can dream it, we can do it