Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: POTC3 - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss What did you think of POTC3 - Poll in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Since it has been a couple weeks, I don't think advanced tickets are necessary. Here are some of my thoughts on the movie.... I really enjoyed the movie. I saw ...
    Kimann is offline A-Ticket holder
    Since it has been a couple weeks, I don't think advanced tickets are necessary.

Here are some of my thoughts on the movie....
    I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it opening weekend, but hope to see it again soon, because there was so much stuff going on I didn't catch everything. It is definitely one of those movies you need to see more than once to understand everything. And I know that I definitely didn't catch everything concerning Tia Dalma and the curse surrounding Davey Jones. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have a hard time understanding Tia Dalma when she speaks, and I know I missed something important.
    They did close up all the storylines nicely, though I think there are a few questions that I expected to be answered but weren't. Will and Elizabeth had some great scenes together. It was great since that was something lacking in the second movie. Jack confused me and made me laugh as usual. You just never know what side anyone is on. Everyone constantly switch sides throughout the movie.
    Can't wait to see it again

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I was so excited to see At World's End after I saw Dead Man's Chest and had been meaning to go see it for weeks. I'm sorry to say that after all the anticipation I found myself extremely disappointed. It seemed like they tried to make too many little side stories, which just led to confusion. Some scenes were too long and just dragged on. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely loved the first two movies and thought they did the attraction justice, but At World's End definitely does not. I'm disappointed to see that this movie may change peoples opinion of the attraction and the franchise all together, because Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite attracitons of all time. Overall the best part of the movie was the audio from the animatronics after the ship falls down the waterfall. Dont get me wrong, the movie wasnt the worst I have ever seen, I just expected so much more because of the quality of the first two films. Hopefully the next movie we'll see based on an attraction will be Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    Last edited by nicks10; 06-07-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    A movie BTMR? What a great idea!!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Yeah, BTMRR definitely has the back stories that could make a movie. The WDW Today podcast talked about it a bit a few shows back.

Maybe I came off a little harsh in my review. Let me clarify, I felt that it was worth it to spend the money to see At World's End, I was just disappointed in the plot and felt that it could have been done differently. I also didnt really like the ending with Will and Elizabeth, it didnt seem necessary. Other than the plot, everything was on par with the other films. Great effects and acting, from Depp of course, and I thought Rush was awesome too! At least it was better than the Haunted Mansion movie...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Loved it, loved it!!!!!
    I saw the midnight premiere (I realize it actually showed around the country at 8pm after all) in DTD @ WDW!!!
    Then I saw it 2 nights in a row last weekend...And I saw it this past Friday night and I will probably see it this Friday, too!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I just came back and it was awesome! I even stayed after the credits!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i seen it at the drive in opening weekend and i couldnt really get into it with my daughter running about... but some how my brother in law got it boot legged from some guy and i bummed it from him but i have yet to watch it a 2nd time.. i guess i should re watch it so i can get it back to them..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This movie has so much going on in it, it's almost inevitable that you won't like every single thing about it. For me, I almost snickered out loud when Calypso went all "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman." That image was just a bit too 50's sci-fi B-movie for me. Also, I'm still not sure how I felt about how the Will/Elizabeth story ended. On the one hand it was certainly a dramatic way to end it, and certainly made their love for each other more prounounced, especially after viewing the post-credits scene. On the other hand, it was obviously bittersweet and I assumed throughout the film that Will would somehow find a loophole to both save his father AND escape his obligation.

That said, I still really liked this movie a lot. The action was fantastic, Captain Jack was back in form (I didn't like his character so much in POTC 2 which I thought was too cartoony), it was great to see more banter between the characters, and I thought the conclusion to the Jack/Barbossa rivalry was brilliant. Yes the film was confusing and even convoluted, but I also really appreciated the fact that the writers really tried to create a whole universe in which these characters existed, what w/ pirate councils, keeper of the code, sea turtle in-jokes, dealings with heathen gods, voodoo, and elaborating on Davy Jones and his locker (a legend that predates the original Pirates attraction). It reminds me in a way of Star Trek, Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings -- epic franchises with truly elaborate back stories and histories.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ok ....saw it ...didnt like it. My hubby & I went alst weekend. We were both disappointed & left when the creits started. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT THE LAST SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS!!!!!! I AM BEGGING!!!!! PLEASE!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffieslady626 View Post
    ok ....saw it ...didnt like it. My hubby & I went alst weekend. We were both disappointed & left when the creits started. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT THE LAST SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS!!!!!! I AM BEGGING!!!!! PLEASE!
    it used t o be on you tube
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I posted earlier about being disappointed. Well now that disneydarling sent me a PM explaining the last scene (that I missed) I feel better about the ending! I think they left enough of an opening for a 4th but who knows...maybe the actors are tired...and it just wouldn't be POTC without the original cast.
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffieslady626 View Post
    I posted earlier about being disappointed. Well now that disneydarling sent me a PM explaining the last scene (that I missed) I feel better about the ending! I think they left enough of an opening for a 4th but who knows...maybe the actors are tired...and it just wouldn't be POTC without the original cast.

I just sent you a PM reply, also, hun!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i liked it but thought the first two were better, I got kind of confused during it. I have a question though that has been bugging me ever since I saw it. I watched until the end of the credits and saw that he came back and elizabeth and their son was waiting for him. does this mean that he only visited for one day and then had to return to captain the dutchman??? or since he spent 10 years being captain is he able to stay on land as long as he wants??
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

The end credits are to symbolize that the curse is broken...He performed the duties he was charged w/by ferrying souls to the other side (unlike DJ) and giving his heart to a faithful lover (again unlike DJ)...So he only had to be CoTFD for 10 years, when he comes back at the after credits, the curse is broken....There is a green flash as well in this scene , which as Pintel explains earlier in the film, it is means someone is coming back to this world, from the dead.
    Does this help? I hope so!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    The end credits are to symbolize that the curse is broken...He performed the duties he was charged w/by ferrying souls to the other side (unlike DJ) and giving his heart to a faithful lover (again unlike DJ)...So he only had to be CoTFD for 10 years, when he comes back at the after credits, the curse is broken....There is a green flash as well in this scene , which as Pintel explains earlier in the film, it is means someone is coming back to this world, from the dead.
    Does this help? I hope so!

yes that helps a lot, thanks! but didn't they say that the dutchman always had to have a captain?
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast