Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Walt Disney Studios Signs Exclusive Deal With Stan Lee in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; From AWN Headline News: ================================================= Walt Disney Studios Signs Exclusive Deal With Stan Lee June 06, 2007 The Walt Disney Studios has entered into an exclusive multi-year first look deal ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Walt Disney Studios Signs Exclusive Deal With Stan Lee

From AWN Headline News:
    =================================================
    Walt Disney Studios Signs Exclusive Deal With Stan Lee
    June 06, 2007

The Walt Disney Studios has entered into an exclusive multi-year first look deal with Spider-Man creator/producer Stan Lee and his production company POW! Ent. The terms cover Lee and his production company developing and producing all forms of entertainment.
    =================================================
    Full story here: http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=...sitem_no=20024
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    So what exactly does this mean, with Spiderman in Universal and all? Is it simply production rights, or?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanMouse View Post
    So what exactly does this mean, with Spiderman in Universal and all? Is it simply production rights, or?

Technically, Spidey isn't owned by Univesal he's owned by Marvel Enterprises. Universal only has Marvel hereos in there park because of a grant. Just like how Disney is allowed to use the Twighlit Zone.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Aah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney