Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney remaking TRON - Woo-Hoo! (for geeks like me) in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of Tron, the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets ****ed into the parallel world of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Disney remaking TRON - Woo-Hoo! (for geeks like me)

Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of Tron, the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets ****ed into the parallel world of a computer program, Variety reported. The original movie, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time. Klugman and Sterntha (Warrior) feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo, the trade paper reported.

Sternthal told the trade paper that the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Sounds like it should be great! Can't wait to see it!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome! I loved that movie and for some reason I don't have it on DVD yet. Maybe I'll remedy that this weekend.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I believe the working title is "Tron 2.0".

This is another one of the things that Ron Miller never gets credit for. He was trying to movie Walt Disney Productions forward, but the films never made enough money for him to be successful. You might want to check out "The Watcher in the Woods" to see another example of this.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Tron is definitely a movie that needs an update. with today's CG, f'n awesome! definitely psyched.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I'm sorry to say, but I have never seen this movie. It just didn't look that interesting to me. What is it about and should I see it?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    Tron is a very good movie and the effects and story were both very much ahead of their time. I hope the remake does the original version justice!

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, I just watched Tron again this past week. I think it was the first time that I've seen the movie since its debut in the movie theaters. Even though I loved this movie when I was younger, I have to admit that the movie is a little corny now. Don't get me wrong, there are still some good portions of the movie and it was well made for its time.

Anyway I hope that Tron 2.0 makes better use of computer terminology (instead of just throwing names around), and that it represents a better blend of fantasy with reality. I can see the potential for the new movie to be either really great, or really really bad (like the Matrix sequels).