Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Jack Skellington in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Can you all please give me some information and descriptions of Jack Skellington? I have never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, and need to know about the character for a ...
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah

Jack Skellington

Can you all please give me some information and descriptions of Jack Skellington? I have never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, and need to know about the character for a game I am playing on another Disney forum. (In case you are wondering, it is a "Disney Murder Mystery" Game, and Aladdin (played by yours truly ) has backed himself into a corner with Skellington and needs some info to "streetrat" talk his way out of it ) Thanks for your help!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town, is bored with doing the same thing every year for Halloween. One day he stumbles into Christmas Town, and is so taken with the idea of Christmas that he tries to get the resident bats, ghouls, and goblins of Halloween town to help him put on Christmas instead of Halloween -- but alas, they can't get it quite right. He wears a pinstriped suit, ends up falling in love with a girl named Sally. And he has a dog named Zero (a ghost dog with a red nose).

What other info are you looking for?

Thanks Stitch! Would he be considered a "bad" character? From what you said, he sounds like a "good" character, but what he said makes me wonder if the opposite is true.(Al and him got on a conversation about coffee, which prompted Al to mention Iago, Jack asked who Iago was, Al explained briefly the changes from bad to good over the course of the movies, and Jack has now confronted Al with "And bad is bad?")
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Jack is a good guy all in all....he only meant well when he stole christmas, yet the people he delivered toys to thought he was bad (wouldn't you if you say a skeleton in a santa suit?). The real bad guy in the movie is Ooggie Boogie.

Thanks, that's what I thought.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House

Princess J,

I can't believe you haven't seen this great movie!

When you have some time, you need to rent/buy the deluxe DVD of NBC. We have seen it so many times, but we notice something new each time we watch.

Tim Burton really put together a great group of voice actors including Chris Sarandon (Jack), Catherine O'Hara (Sally, Shock), Pee-Wee Herman (Lock),

If you want more info on this great flick, check out the link below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107688/...PW9u;fc=1;ft=1
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2
    I can't believe you haven't seen this great movie!
    It came out when I was a child, and looked "too scary" for me, so I didn't want to see it. Now, it would be fine - I should see it.

Thanks for the info, Stitch and wdw4us2. Fortunately, I was able to "streetrat" talk Al's way out of the conversation with Jack, only to end up getting into a situation with Dr. Drakken about being "the hero type." Trouble? You're only in trouble if you get caught!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Wait - PeeWee Herman is in The Nightmare Before Christmas? I didn't know that.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    whoa i want in on this game
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Genre: Animation / Family / Fantasy / Musical (more)

Tagline: A ghoulish tale with wicked humour & stunning animation.

Plot Outline: Jack Skellington, king of Halloweentown, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn't quite understand the concept. (more)

User Comments: One of the most memorable holiday classics of all time. A visual masterpiece. ***1/2 out of ****. (more)

Cast overview, first billed only: Danny Elfman.... Jack Skellington (singing), Barrel, Clown with the Tearaway Face (voice)Chris Sarandon.... Jack Skellington (voice)Catherine O'Hara.... Sally, Shock (voice)William Hickey.... Evil Scientist (voice)Glenn Shadix.... Mayor (voice)Paul Reubens.... Lock (voice)Ken Page.... Oogie Boogie (voice)Ed Ivory.... Santa (voice)Susan McBride.... Big Witch (voice)Debi Durst.... Corpse Kid, Corpse Mom, Small Witch (voice)Greg Proops.... Harlequin Demon, Devil, Sax Player (voice) (as Gregory Proops)Kerry Katz.... Man Under the Stairs, Vampire, Corpse Father (voice)Randy Crenshaw.... Mr. Hyde, Behemoth, Vampire (voice)Sherwood Ball.... Mummy, Vampire (voice)Carmen Twillie.... Undersea Gal, Man Under the Stairs (voice) (more)
    Also Known As:
    Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (USA) (complete title)
    Runtime: 76 min
    Language: English
    Color: Color (Technicolor)
    Sound Mix: Dolby Digital
    Certification: Portugal:M/6 / Argentina:Atp / Australia:G / Chile:TE / Finland:K-10/7 / Germany:6 / Iceland:LH (video rating) / Iceland:L (original rating) / Singapore:PG / Sweden:11 / UK:PG / USA:PG

Trivia: Two toys that Jack delivers reference "Batman Returns", the film Tim Burton had directing commitments towards at the time. One is an evil duck on wheels, which is the vehicle that Penguin drives. The other is an evil cat doll, which has the same head as the mascot for Shreck's corporation. (more)

Goofs: Continuity: When Jack's telling the people about Christmas Town, some of them keep switching places. The "Clown with the tear-away face" is in the first line at the start, then later in the second line, then back in the first line, only on the other side; the guy with snake fingers goes to the first line to the second one, then back again; the werewolf switches place with the devil, etc. (more)

Quotes: Sally: [singing] And will we ever / End up together? / No, I think not / It's never to become / For I am not the one. (more)

Awards: Nominated for Oscar. Another 4 wins & 6 nominations (more)
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-30-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I really need to see this movie....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!