Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss New Sequels in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by buzznut31 Why, oh, why, must Disney ruin a perfectly successful franchise? Have you heard of Ei$ner? Should we start a September 2006 countdown for him? They gotta ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    Why, oh, why, must Disney ruin a perfectly successful franchise?

Have you heard of Ei$ner? Should we start a September 2006 countdown for him?

They gotta bleed every franchise they can. Did Aladdin really need two sequels? Did Beauty and the Beast need those two paraquels? Um, not really in my opinion.

They like to bleed their money makers dry,which cheapens the entire franchise overall.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I cannot imagine them done without Pixar...little worried now. I forgot that Pixar and Disney had parted ways (that is a done deal isn't it?)
    Yes - I'm pretty sure it is a done deal as soon as they finish "Cars."
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    I guess Disney makes (or more accurately, Disney execs make) a lot of money on those sequels. Relatively cheap to make and they turn a good profit in a short period of time. That's fine for the short term; what about the long term? Creativity and magic are two things that separate Disney from other companies. Take those things away and you have just another nameless, faceless corporate entity out there. Walt was always looking at the future and felt that money was secondary to making a good product. And that's why the Disney company has been around so long! King Eisner is corrupting that vision and must go.

As far as Pixar goes, I heard they were holding "Cars" till 2006 when Eisner is out so they can maybe...maybe reestablish ties with Disney. That would rock if it happened!

Sorry this thread has turned so negative. I for one am interested in the TENG sequel and new series. I think TENG was one of the more fun animated films to come out in a long time and hope the new shows keep the spirit of the original movie. :-)

Ooooh, I hope you're right about Pixar and Disney after Eisner. I think Kronk's New Groove has the potential to be good - I've got my fingers crossed. To me, it's the most appealing of these three.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Scott Oliverson is offline A-Ticket holder
    In my mentioning about "RETURN OF SYNDROME" a so-called Episode II to THE INCREDIBLES Pixar movie where the supervillian, a one-time teenager fan of Mr Incredible is still vowing revenge against his #1 hero "The World's Strongest Man" he is not alone in this quest. That's because he has a new ally-partner in the form of the evil whippet Belladonna from the All Dogs Go To Heaven Christmas Carol and the ADGTH television series as well as the MonStars from the animated WB movie SPACE JAM. Here is a brief description of each new character...

BELLADONNA "Female whippet, dark blue in color with dark purple ponytail hairstyle atop her head, blue eyes. Wears spike collar around her neck, black-red uniform-like vest with bat-wings on backside. In reality she is the twin sister of Annabelle, the angel whippet of heaven from All Dogs Go To Heaven, the ADGTH 2 sequel, the ADGTH television series and X-Mas Carol movie.

MONSTAR POUND: Green colored alien humanoid with orange hair in crew-cut style, wears black jersey with numeral "0" on front and backside, black tights, sneakers.

MONSTAR BANG: Yellow colored alien humanoid, bald-headed, wears black jersey, tights, sneakers.

MONSTAR NAWT: Red colored alien humanoid, bald-headed, wears black jersey, tights, sneakers.

MONSTAR BLANKO: Blue colored alien humanoid with black hair, wears black jersey, tights, sneakers.

MONSTAR BUPKUS: Purple colored alien humanoid with black hair, wears black jersey, tights, sneakers.

However...the Parr Family receive heavenly help from the Gods above in the form of Annabelle the angel whippet who offers her assistance in defeating her twin sister and the MonStars before they and their new leader Syndrome can conquer Metroville and rule the universe!!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    I have heard the rumors about the Pixar-less TS 3 and 4 too.
    I also heard that about Toy Story, in fact I think original Woody Tom Hanks said he was approached about it and said if Disney does a Toy Story without Pixar, he won't be involved in it....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Oliverson
    Speaking of sequels...if Disney Pixar decides to do another chapter-episode to THE INCREDIBLES film, perhaps it would be called "THE RETURN OF SYNDROME!" in which Buddy Pines, the supervillian who supposedly perished by his own evil hands near the ending of the first movie, by some miracle survives!

Still incensed about Mr. Incredible's turning him down long ago when he refused or denied Buddy a chance to become his crimefighting partner, like Batman and Robin, Syndrome vows revenge upon the Parr Family and forms his darkside army of new allies such as Belladonna, the witch whippet from All Dogs Go To Heaven The Series who is rumored to be his girlfriend and the MonStars, the alien humanoid thugs from the WB animated movie SPACE JAM! Together Syndrome and his Syndicate (that's what he calls his terrorist army) wage war against Mr. Incredible, Elastic Girl, FroZone, Dash Parr "The Flash", Violet Parr "Invisible Girl", Strato-Gal, ThunderHead, Dynoguy and all the other superheroes of Metroville.

But, that's a big "IF" Disney Pixar decides on creating such a sequel for that movie, what with new titles like MADASGAR coming out in the Summer of 2005 and CARS coming out in the Summer of 2006!
    I was excited to see that the ending was left "open" for a part II.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

I also heard that about Toy Story, in fact I think original Woody Tom Hanks said he was approached about it and said if Disney does a Toy Story without Pixar, he won't be involved in it....
    Wow! Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Oh please no! It won't be good without the original voices.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I agree, but did you know that the Toy Story CD Rom games have the voice of Tom Hanks brother playing Woody? It did sound a lot like him (my kids have a game..) and hey maybe he would do the voice.

I agree, but did you know that the Toy Story CD Rom games have the voice of Tom Hanks brother playing Woody? It did sound a lot like him (my kids have a game..) and hey maybe he would do the voice.
    I didn't know that (pulls out video games to listen).
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Oh please no! It won't be good without the original voices.
    I wholeheartedly agree! IMO, it wouldn't even be Toy Story without the original voices!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    I didn't know that (pulls out video games to listen).
    Yes the one I have is kinda old now and from the first movie, but it lists the voices and ??!! Hanks (can't remember his first name) as the voice of Woody.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    I wholeheartedly agree! IMO, it wouldn't even be Toy Story without the original voices!
    Not just the original voices, but the original story writers, animators, directors, etc...
    Which most sequels seem to lack in one form or another.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    ....Oh no! Tom Hanks was great in Toy Story!!! What about Tim Allen?
    Izzy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast