Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss New Sequels in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Not just the original voices, but the original story writers, animators, directors, etc... Which most sequels seem to lack in one form or another. OH NO! That's a very good ...
    Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not just the original voices, but the original story writers, animators, directors, etc... Which most sequels seem to lack in one form or another.
    OH NO! That's a very good point and brings up another really scary thought: What if they use the same style of animation they used in "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas"! ACK! NO! RUN AWAY!!!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas"!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! The horror!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    My EYES.....they BURN!!!
    Izzy

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I probably shouldn't get into this discussion because I think that all of the Disney sequels are awful. (Toy Story 2 doesn't count because that was Pixar).

I haven't watched one in ages and it's been even longer since I've purchased one.

I agree with Walt who didn't believe sequels should be made from animated movies.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2
    I probably shouldn't get into this discussion because I think that all of the Disney sequels are awful. (Toy Story 2 doesn't count because that was Pixar).

I haven't watched one in ages and it's been even longer since I've purchased one.

I agree with Walt who didn't believe sequels should be made from animated movies.

Lisa....you rock!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2
    Just curious, what did Walt say about sequels?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't have Walt's exact quote on the subject, but from Disney A to Z it mentions:

Even though Walt Disney professed he did not like to make sequels, he was occasionally persuaded by economic reality to make them against his best judgment.
    The sequel to The Three Little Pigs was the first, but it wasn't until the 90s that sequel mania kicked into very high gear.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I don't like how Disney is making sequels of classic fairy tales. If Cinderella lived "happily ever after," what's the point of Cinderella 2? The whole thing's just absurd to me!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I don't have Walt's exact quote on the subject, but from Disney A to Z it mentions:

The sequel to The Three Little Pigs was the first, but it wasn't until the 90s that sequel mania kicked into very high gear.

To paraphrase Walt's feeling about sequels:

"Ya can't top pigs"
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    ....Oh no! Tom Hanks was great in Toy Story!!! What about Tim Allen?
    I don't know if Tim Allen would be willing to come back or not, I have not heard if he commented on it. He hasn't been too busy lately so maybe he'd be willing. Either way, everyone is right, it would not be the same without Pixar and the Pixar people involved.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    I don't like how Disney is making sequels of classic fairy tales. If Cinderella lived "happily ever after," what's the point of Cinderella 2? The whole thing's just absurd to me!
    Agreed! I also thought all the diferent Beauty and the Beast sequels were getting old. Expecially since it's really not a sequel,just a story basd on the movie. I have seen Cinderella 2,and didn't really enjoy it as much as expected. I have to say though,I've only saw the two sequels to Aladdin once each. BTW,speaking of Aladdin,it's on tonight! I'm not sure what channel,but I think it's on 6:00 EST. (tonight's Jan. 22)
    Izzy

I don't know about Tim Allen, but imho, I don't think he will come back if Tom Hanks doesn't.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    BTW,speaking of Aladdin,it's on tonight! I'm not sure what channel,but I think it's on 6:00 EST. (tonight's Jan. 22)
    It's coming on ABC on the Wonderful World of Disney - first time on television. (Going to watch it, even though I have the VHS and DVD)
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sorry to change the subject on you Princess Jas...

Disney is getting dissed by more people than just Tom Hanks:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145561,00.html

No problem Pacha.

It's worse than I imagined - they are going to have to redesign all of the characters!?! (thinks about "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" the tv series) I don't blame the people for not wanting to direct it. I am suprized, though, that they think Allen will come back.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast