Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss New Sequels in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; "Some direct-to-video sequel news. The follow-up to The Emperor's New Groove is now being called Kronk's New Groove and is expected before the year's end. Tarzan II , a "midquel" ...
    Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah

New Sequels

"Some direct-to-video sequel news. The follow-up to The Emperor's New Groove is now being called Kronk's New Groove and is expected before the year's end. Tarzan II, a "midquel" set during Tarzan's youth in the jungle, is slated for Summer 2005. Lilo & Stitch 2 has taken on the rhyming subtitle Stitch Has a Glitch; it is due in the fall."

- Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, well, well...do we know if there are any returning voices?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Oh joy. More Disney sequels....

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

According to imdb.com, looks like Kronk's New Groove brought everyone back.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    So Rosie isn't going to be in the Tarzan one?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Oh joy. More Disney sequels....

Sometimes sequels aren't so good! But,Disney's pretty good with sequels. They did great with Toy Story 2!
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    So Rosie isn't going to be in the Tarzan one?
    I don't know - TENG was the only one I knew all of main vocals off the top of my head. I'll look it up.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    Sometimes sequels aren't so good! But,Disney's pretty good with sequels. They did great with Toy Story 2!
    Toy Story 2 is pretty much the exception and I credit Pixar for that.

Pixar seems to know how to create great stories that appeal to a broad audience along with excellent characters. I think that is the reason those films are so successful, not because they are CGI. Disney used to do that as well, but it's hit or miss in recent years.

Most of the Disney sequels are inferior products trying to capitalize on the popularity of the original. You can only beat a dead horse for so long...just MHO.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Scott Oliverson is offline A-Ticket holder
    Speaking of sequels...if Disney Pixar decides to do another chapter-episode to THE INCREDIBLES film, perhaps it would be called "THE RETURN OF SYNDROME!" in which Buddy Pines, the supervillian who supposedly perished by his own evil hands near the ending of the first movie, by some miracle survives!

Still incensed about Mr. Incredible's turning him down long ago when he refused or denied Buddy a chance to become his crimefighting partner, like Batman and Robin, Syndrome vows revenge upon the Parr Family and forms his darkside army of new allies such as Belladonna, the witch whippet from All Dogs Go To Heaven The Series who is rumored to be his girlfriend and the MonStars, the alien humanoid thugs from the WB animated movie SPACE JAM! Together Syndrome and his Syndicate (that's what he calls his terrorist army) wage war against Mr. Incredible, Elastic Girl, FroZone, Dash Parr "The Flash", Violet Parr "Invisible Girl", Strato-Gal, ThunderHead, Dynoguy and all the other superheroes of Metroville.

But, that's a big "IF" Disney Pixar decides on creating such a sequel for that movie, what with new titles like MADASGAR coming out in the Summer of 2005 and CARS coming out in the Summer of 2006!

I had heard that they are planning Toy Story III. Has anyone else heard this? Not sure if it is just a rumor...but I'm hoping it's not.

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    The follow-up to The Emperor's New Groove is now being called Kronk's New Groove and is expected before the year's end.
    What?? 'Kronk's New Groove'?? Disney people told me it would be 'Pacha's New Groove'! This can't be happening! Anyone have King Eisner's number?

Oh, if anyone's interested, there will also be a Disney Channel series based on TENG called, 'The Emperor's New Skool' (working title).
    http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=...sitem_no=12474

Not sure if I'll be in the series, but I did hear the folks from the Magic Kingdom spoke with Kronk about it. I guess Kronk told them, "Uh, squeaky squeak, squeak squeaker squeaken". No clue what that means, but I bet it has something to do with a contract extension or a bigger cut of the revenue generated by advertising money from the series. Oh well. Time to put the llamas to bed. C'mon Misty...

Pacha is offline A-Ticket holder
    I had heard that they are planning Toy Story III. Has anyone else heard this? Not sure if it is just a rumor...but I'm hoping it's not.
    I heard, from Savedisney.com I believe, that Disney was doing TS 3 and TS 4 without Pixar! Oh man, I hope they don't ***** those up!

I have heard the rumors about the Pixar-less TS 3 and 4 too.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I cannot imagine them done without Pixar...little worried now. I forgot that Pixar and Disney had parted ways (that is a done deal isn't it?)

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    I heard somewhere that there already is a plot for TS3, and it's definitely going to happen, and that a release date is for sometime in 2007!!!

Why, oh, why, must Disney ruin a perfectly successful franchise?

As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Don't you agree?

It certainly seemed to me like TS2 had a concrete ending to the series, but I guess that the "Big Heads" at Disney disagreed!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast