Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Tinker Bell in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Are you going to see the Tinker Bell movie coming out march 2008?I will of couse!...
    Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3

Tinker Bell

Are you going to see the Tinker Bell movie coming out march 2008?I will of couse!
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i will forsure be at the movies the first weekend out..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Yea...great my big sister says that it not going to be at the movies because it not that big of a last year they change to 2008 I was sooo mad.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkgirl View Post
    Are you going to see the Tinker Bell movie coming out march 2008?I will of couse!
    I suppose we'll have to go see it, or at least rent it later on, seeing as how we named one of our ferrets after Tink.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    so it's only on dvd not in the movies??
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

.Maybe,Maybe not.We're just see.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

If Disney does not release this movie then I will cry.Millions of chidren visit their site daily and Love Tinker Bell .They have been waiting and waiting for this movie to be released. who have been loyaly watching their shows and movies. And if they do release the movie.Disney Fairies will be notice more.Because a lot of people don't know who the Disney fairies are.Also they think that they are the the fairies from sleeping beauty.

And to those on here complaining she does not talk, you are wrong. She does talk, but because she is so small it sounds like bells, but if your her size then obviously you will understand.

Tink RULES!!!!
    Last edited by Tinkgirl; 09-26-2007 at 11:19 PM.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    The movie is coming straight to DVD. As of next year ALL Disney movies will not be shown in theaters only by DVD.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    That's horrible!! I love going to watch Disney films at the cinema, Why are they doing that?

princesscarp is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to agree with Tinkgirl

Tinker bell rulez

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    The movie is coming straight to DVD. As of next year ALL Disney movies will not be shown in theaters only by DVD.

I think someone is yanking chains here.....

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Release delays
    According to Variety, the head of DisneyToons direct-to-DVD division since 1994, Sharon Morrill, was fired due to problems with the release of the Tinker Bell film. The budget had ballooned to almost $50 million. The production was troubled by "close to two dozen versions of the script and a dozen different directors." Morrill clashed with Pixar Animation executives John Lasseter and Ed Catmull who were put in the leadership of Walt Disney Animation after Disney purchased Pixar. Though they weren't placed in charge of DisneyToons "they are said to have gotten increasingly involved in the unit's operations." Morill was moved to "special projects" and the status of the movie is seriously in doubt as Pixar executives have stated that straight-to-dvd sequels "undercut the value of the original features."[8]
    According to Disney's official "Fairies" website,[9] Tinker Bell is now set for a 2008 release.
    Because of the controversies surrounding Tinker Bell, Disney has announced that straight-to-DVD sequels will stop being produced with The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning being the final sequel.[10] Although they have proven to be big money-makers for Disney and also very popular with their target demographic (children and their parents), the straight-to-DVD sequels have received a lot of backlash. Critics and purists have branded them "cheapquels" with many claiming that they are inferior and unnecessary. Some, John Lasseter included, have expressed disgust and feel that Disney has become more concerned with making a quick buck rather than maintaining the integrity of their earlier classics.
    I am sorry if I misread it but hear is some bad news.

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That's not bad news at all. That says they aren't going to do anymore direct to DVD releases. Which is why I think you misunderstood. Earlier you stated that ALL Disney movies would not be shown in theatres any more but just on DVD. This article says just the opposite.

As a matter of fact, National Treasure, Prince Caspian and several others are slated for theatrical releases in 2008.

Tinkerbell is up in the air, but I think this article is great. My favorite part is when the Pixar executives said what I have thought all along "straight to DVD releases 'undercut the value of the original releases'".

I knew that when Aladdin 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,..... all came out and most of them were JUNK.

That being said, I hope that they finish the Tinkerbell movie and that it is original but remains consistent to her origins.

I like some of the sequels though. I am a 12 year old girl and stuff like this sometimes confuses me. I can't wait until The Princess and the Frog(2009), Rapunzel(2010), and the Tinker Bell films all come out.

OMG!!!!!My big sister says that it doesn't come out till october!!!
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast