Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Does anyone remember the name in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I remember watching a vhs about Disneyland when i was younger in the early 80's. The vhs was about a kid that loses his or her red ballon. The red ...
    tiggaman is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Does anyone remember the name

I remember watching a vhs about Disneyland when i was younger in the early 80's. The vhs was about a kid that loses his or her red ballon. The red ballon goes to all the rides while the kid and an adult narrate.I used to watch this all the time with my uncle that just recently passed away. I hope someone remembers watching it, im trying to reminisce.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I remember a movie about a red balloon floating in France...not in DL though,

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And if you do not get an answer here try Allears.net

And go to Anita Answer, post the question to her she has all sorts of

resources too.

shmedly123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggaman View Post
    I remember watching a vhs about Disneyland when i was younger in the early 80's. The vhs was about a kid that loses his or her red ballon. The red ballon goes to all the rides while the kid and an adult narrate.I used to watch this all the time with my uncle that just recently passed away. I hope someone remembers watching it, im trying to reminisce.
    there was a movie in French class we watched called "the red balloon" but in that movie the balloon takes off on the little boy and tours Paris...there was only a little bit of dialog so it's possible there was a disney remake of it. do an image search on "the red balloon" and see if the pics look familiar.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I have copy of "The Red Balloon" on VHS and in book form. I do remember vaguely a sort of Disney version of it as a Wonderful World of Disney or some other made for tv special. It is going to drive me nuts till I find it now. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

goingtowdw14 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Coming out of lurk mode for this one! I have that tape somewhere and it is called "A Day at Disneyland" and you are right about the red balloon and the little girl. We used to watch it all the time. I bought it in Disneyland when my daughter was about 3 so that would make it around 1979. Hope this helps.

Dana

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Dana (welcome out of lurkdom) is right.

A Day At Disneyland: A Souvenir Film - There is a used copy on Amazon and it looks like someone put the video on Youtube...but I can't tell for sure (youtube is block at work).

If you go to youtube and search for the title you should be able to find it.

I tried youtube, those videos are a little dated. I hope thats the correct one on amazon since my copy was dubbed i dont remember what the cover looks like lol. Thanks for all the help.

I found the tape. It says "A Day at Disneyland" and "the happiest place on earth" The running time is 30 minutes. I'm afraid the cover fell apart long ago but I think it had a picture of the castle and the red balloon. I can't seem to get Amazon to open so I haven't seen that one yet. They would probably mention the little girl and the balloon in the description.

Dana

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I found this on ebay....

Disney Disneyland 1993 Video "A Day at Happiest Place" - eBay (item 160216662195 end time Mar-15-08 20:16:21 PDT)

You could ask the seller the question about a red balloon.

Good Luck!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by goingtowdw14 View Post
    Coming out of lurk mode for this one! I have that tape somewhere and it is called "A Day at Disneyland" and you are right about the red balloon and the little girl. We used to watch it all the time. I bought it in Disneyland when my daughter was about 3 so that would make it around 1979. Hope this helps.

Dana
    Welcome out of lurksville. Glad you could join us.

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone!! I should have done this years ago!! :O)

I found it on Amazon. It was called A day at Disneyland a souvenir film. The cover has Mickey and the castle . According to the seller it was released in 1982. I wanted to thank everyone for all the help.