Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Old Disney Movies You've Just Discovered in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just finished watching Best Friends: Minnie and Mickey. The DVD contains an hours worth of cartoons from the 30's and 40's. Although only a couple of the cartoons on the ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Just finished watching Best Friends: Minnie and Mickey. The DVD contains an hours worth of cartoons from the 30's and 40's. Although only a couple of the cartoons on the DVD have Minnie and Mickey together, there are some great cartoons with Pluto and Figaro. One cartoon has Figaro getting a bath and a pretty red bow. It's fun to watch the bow appear and disappear; a continuity issue I think. I always thought that Pluto was Mickey's dog, but in several of the cartoons he is Minnie's pet.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My kids have recently discovered the Herbie movies and they LOVE them. Since then I have been trying to find older Disney movies like "That Darn Cat" and "The Shaggy Dog."

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I recently saw Candleshoe and the original Freaky Friday, both with Jodie Foster. "Friday" was popular with the girls at my school when I was younger, but being a boy I never saw it back then. The acting makes the role switching between mother and daughter pretty convincing. Between the two films, I probably prefer "Candleshoe" which had a lot of heart.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

EyerishEyes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    I recently saw Candleshoe and the original Freaky Friday, both with Jodie Foster. "Friday" was popular with the girls at my school when I was younger, but being a boy I never saw it back then. The acting makes the role switching between mother and daughter pretty convincing. Between the two films, I probably prefer "Candleshoe" which had a lot of heart.
    I just got finished watching "Candleshoe" for like the 5th time. It is one of my all time favorite. And tonight the hubby and I will be watching "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" with Kurt Russel. I love the vintage Disney movies, sometimes more than the kid movies available today. Good clean wholesome fun. My husband loves "The Ugly Daschaund". (I know I spelled that one wrong...maybe). Oh well, off to watch my movie.

posted by EyerishEyes
    And tonight the hubby and I will be watching "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" with Kurt Russel.
    Speaking of Kurt Russell, about a year ago I saw for the first time "The Barefoot Executive" which I enjoyed. Would love to see "Computer" and his other one about (I think) the strongest man in the world.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I love all of the Kurt Russell Disney films. I had the biggest crush on him when I was 11 years old!

I really wish Disney would release some of the made for TV shows that they did. I have a bootleg of Child of Glass which is one of their best. I just found a source for the Mystery of Dracula's Castle which was one of my favorites.

Now that they don't show these on the Disney Channel anymore, I can't understand why they don't release them on DVD. Most of them were two part TV specials, so they are the length of a movie. People are so starved for good, clean entertainment for their kids, I'm sure they'd make a profit.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

I have the best of the Mickey Mouse Club in my netflix cue, but I'm holding off getting it till I get back home. I used to Love that show and can't wait to see it again. I remember a storyline with Annette that had her as the picked on girl at school - as I remember.
    As for Kurt Russell - l liked his early Disney movies. I need to check those out and see which ones I've not seen yet.

It's been a while since I have had access to a DVD player, so it was exciting to get a new netlfix selection and have it be a Disney flick. I thoughly enjoyed Walt Disney, the Man. Someone in the movie made the point that even though Walt loved nostalgia and remember the smallest points from his past, he also was always thinking ahead of his time; quite a combination for anyone's personality. Even dh watched this with me and found it fascinating.

MrBear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We joined the Disney Movie Club. They have some great exclusives. The Treasure of Montecumbe, The Fighting Prince of Dongal, and the Disney Channel series Five Mile Creek are all great.

I just saw Bedknobs and Broomsticks recently. For a pretty dark subject, it's a cute film.

I'm so glad that this thread was revived. I'm trying to get back into watching some DVDs. I think I have another "old" Disney flick coming.

I Tivo'd the TMC premier of Swiss Family Robinson a couple weeks ago. Cringe-worthy period stereotypes aside, I liked it a lot. It's a pretty fun adventure film, not quite as epic as 20,000 Leagues, but still very grand for it's time. It's also fun comparing the treehouse from the film to the ones in the theme parks (at least the one I remember from DL). Swisskapolka!!

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    I just watched Escape to Witch Mountain for the first time it was good!
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

The Gnome Mobile is arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure how entertaining it will be, but it will put me back to catching up with movies I've never seen.

I watched Candleshoe last week. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I found it pretty entertaining. Still haven't watched Gnome Mobile. oops. (Too many trips to WDW of late.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast