Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Old Disney Movies You've Just Discovered in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I hope I did this right but neways I have a question maybe someone can help me. I need the title to a disney movie but I only know some ...
    cleenbean21 is offline A-Ticket holder

HELP me find this movie please

I hope I did this right but neways I have a question maybe someone can help me. I need the title to a disney movie but I only know some parts of the movie like I know it was a nursery rhyme movie with zz tops as the 3 men in the tub and I think Martin Short was in it too. It was really cute and I saw it as a child so it was out in the 1990's. It might have had hip hop in it some where like hip hop nursey rhymes or something. Also if anyone knows where it get it too? Thanks

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I have no clue what movie you are refering to, but welcome to the boards cleenbean21.
    -Zac

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I watched The Monkey's Uncle this weekend. Very cute movie.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The question about the nursery rhyme movie doesn't sound familiar to me either. If no one comes up with anything, try doing a search on movies that Martin Short was in. There are several sites that list their acting credits.

I watched the Gnome Mobile today. I'll give it three stars. I like Walter Brennan.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

The Kid wasn't released that long ago, but I just sat down to watch it today. If you like Somewhere In Time and other "time travel" movies, you might enjoy this one too. It's a bit far fetched, but I didn't find myself fast forwarding through it.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I'm glad someone mentioned this earlier. I love the Witch Mountain movies. My favorite is Escape from Witch Mountain.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A couple weeks ago I Tivo'd 3 more live-action films off TMC, and I've seen 2 of them so far. As a kid I missed Escape to Witch Mountain when it came out in the theater because I was creeped out by the whole psychic thing, plus having "witch" in the title was too scary for me. On the other hand I remember having a bit of a crush on Kim Richards back then, and I always thought the flying RV looked cool, so I finally saw it. By today's standards not creepy at all. (SPOILER) Regarding the mystery of the kids origins, their memory recall was sort of random, not prompted by any sort of clues found along the way, they'd just remember bits and pieces here and there for no reason. I didn't care for this, but admittedly this was in retrospect as I didn't notice it while I was watching. Other than that it's a pretty fun chase story.

I also saw the original The Parent Trap for the first time. You know, a lot of older Disney live-action is dated, or even if I liked it you can tell they didn't have the best production values, like the original Shaggy Dog for example. But Parent Trap is one of those films that is great to look at, great writing, great character acting, and holds up pretty well almost 50 yrs later. There's a lot of physical comedy bookending the film, but the funniest bits are in the middle involving both the farcical and character-driven moments. And I was surprised by Brian Keith's performance as the father, very charming in an aw-shucks kinda way, and his facial reactions and muttered responses to the chaos around him are priceless.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    We're DMC members and I purchased the Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros DVD last month on special. It was a pretty good movie with a fair amount of live-action and animation mixed in. The music was also very good.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

In my quest to catch up on my old Disney movie watching, I rented The Miracle of the White Stallions. I was disappointed that Disney didn't offer any real extras with the DVD and the quality of the film wasn't as good as it might have been. The movie covers a variety of topics; horses, history, and WWII. It probably most interested me because I actually had a chance to visit the riding school while in Vienna two years ago. I give real credit to the horse who, if the film is to be believed, were able to perform quite well in closeups while being ridden by Robert Taylor. It's unfortunate that Taylor's character, Col Podhajsky, wasn't played by someone with an Austrian accent. Eddie Albert also played an Austrian without an accent, but I didn't find that as annoying for some reason.

I finally saw The Love Bug this weekend. It's about what I expected, corny and cute. Doesn't necessarily make me want to see the sequels.

OMG! I just read on another site that TCM will be having Disney live-action films one day per week starting Dec 7th. I've been Tivo'ing a lot of these already and reporting on this thread the one's I've never seen until now. I think I've seen about a third of these already and I can't wait to see the rest. And definitely looking forward to the new documentary about these films.

December 7th
    Treasure Island (1950) 12:00 pm (starting time, all movies are back to back)
    Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
    Old Yeller (1957)
    The Parent Trap! (1961)
    Pollyanna (1960)
    The Barefoot Executive (1971)

December 14
    The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969) 12:00pm
    The Strongest Man in the World (1975)
    The Absent Minded Professor (1961)
    Son of Flubber (1963)
    The Age of Believing: The Disney Live Action Classics (2008) NEW SPECIAL
    The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
    the Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (1979)

December 21
    The Black Hole (1979) 12:00pm
    Escape to Witch Mountain (1975)
    Return From Witch Mountain (1978)
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
    Candleshoe (1977)
    Freaky Friday (1976)

December 28th
    The Age of Believing: The Disney Live Action Classics (2008) 10:30 am
    The Shaggy Dog (1959)
    The Shaggy D.A. (1976)
    The Love Bug (1969)
    Herbie Rides Again (1974)
    Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1977)
    Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)
    The World's Greatest Athlete (1975)

Arrow

Thanks for the heads-up. Time to get the VHS (yes I still have that too) and Tivo going.

resmilan is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Disney is the greatest of all

DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the old Silly Symphonies - my favorite of all time probably being the Skeleton Dance.

From Make Mine Music I'm especially hooked on the shorts:

The Whale that Wanted to Sing at the Met,
    All the Cats Join In,
    Peter and the Wolf

and
    Johnny Fedora and Alice Blubonnet

I vaguelly remember some other shorts with Johnny Appleseed too.

I almost forgot the several with Flip the Frog!

There's no school like the old school....

Dan
    DisneyHomeVideo

So I've been Tivo'ing some of the Disney live-action films from TCM this month (see 10/13/08 post for schedule) that I've never seen before, and I finally sat down to watch the first, which was Treasure Island. Wow, I was really surprised by how much I was entertained by this one. Never read the book so I've nothing to compare it to, but the film moved along at a nice pace, the characters were all well written, and there were very good performances especially of course by Robert Newton as villian Long John Silver. It was nice to see Long John had some complexity rather than being just a 2 dimensional baddie, and I enjoyed his relationship w/ Jim Hawkins.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast