Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Old Disney Movies You've Just Discovered in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Originally Posted by Serkazong I haven't looked very hard, but has anyone seen any of the True Life Adventures films on DVD? Might check the Disney Movie Club. I recently ...
    Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Old Disney Movies You've Just Discovered

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    I haven't looked very hard, but has anyone seen any of the True Life Adventures films on DVD?
    Might check the Disney Movie Club. I recently watched Donald In Mathmagic Land and learned how to shoot pool by counting the dots on the edge of the table!
    Disney Dreamin'

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Potts View Post
    Might check the Disney Movie Club. I recently watched Donald In Mathmagic Land and learned how to shoot pool by counting the dots on the edge of the table!
    I'll have to check that out!
    Last night I watched The Rescuers. DD had the game, in fact she probably still has it, but I don't recall ever watching the movie. It was quite entertaining and I liked the storyline. The only exception I have was when Penny started driving the water vehicle. She was supposed to be 5 years old? Does anyone ever remember a reference to this movie in the parks or in merchandising?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

posted by mini-v
    Last night I watched The Rescuers.... Does anyone ever remember a reference to this movie in the parks or in merchandising?
    I remember seeing publicity photos for Tokyo DisneySea that featured costumed characters Bernard and Bianca wandering the American Waterfront "land." I guess they sort of fit there.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

It's been ages since I've returned to discovering old movies. After riding Splash Mountain yesterday, I made mention to DH that I'd like to see Song of the South again. He downloaded the movie for me as a Mother's Day surprise. Boy was I surprised! I think the only parts of that movie that I'd ever seen previously were the animated sections. It's a shame that the fable storytelling of this movie couldn't be salvaged in some way, but I think the live-action storyline is too dated and stereo-typed to keep. The music is so great. In fact, I seem to have several songs running through my head this evening.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    It's been ages since I've returned to discovering old movies. After riding Splash Mountain yesterday, I made mention to DH that I'd like to see Song of the South again. He downloaded the movie for me as a Mother's Day surprise. Boy was I surprised! I think the only parts of that movie that I'd ever seen previously were the animated sections. It's a shame that the fable storytelling of this movie couldn't be salvaged in some way, but I think the live-action storyline is too dated and stereo-typed to keep. The music is so great. In fact, I seem to have several songs running through my head this evening.
    I feel the same way. I still plan on purchasing SotS from a guy who has recorded it over to DVD from Laser Disc. He doesn't offer PayPall only Google's version. Still trying to get over the trust issues.

On a side night we watched Valiant last night for our Wonderful World of Disney night and the kids loved it. I know it's not that old but we had never seen it.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    The Apple Dumpling Gang is one of the best live-action Disney movies. My Dad and I have our monthly Old Disney movie nights in which we've watched TONS of old Disney movies. Some are classics and some are the unrecognized. We recently just watched the first version of Flubber. I don't exactly remember the name though.
    I remember this one from my childhood too! Bill Bixby and Susan Clark were great, But Tim Conway and Don Knotts steal the show

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

I've Never seen "The Black Cauldron" that's one i have been wanting to see for quite some time.

rspezzano is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: Old Disney Movies You've Just Discovered

The Black Cauldron is a wonderful movie! Gurgi steals the show.

Robert
    co-host at alwaysdisney.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456