Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Walt Disney Treasures DVD Collections in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I'm thinking of asking for a few of the Walt Disney Treasures collections for my birthday. Does anyone have any recommendations? Are some better than others? Any that are not ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Walt Disney Treasures DVD Collections

I'm thinking of asking for a few of the Walt Disney Treasures collections for my birthday. Does anyone have any recommendations? Are some better than others? Any that are not worth it?

I already have the Rarities one on the list. What else should I add? I'm not one for the shows like Daniel Boone and stuff like that, so I know not to ask for those.

TIA!
    Last edited by Stitch; 03-28-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have the Walt Disney Treasure Disney Land version and it is awesome. Really cool to see all the video from when the park first opened. It really is great to have and very informative.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    The Disneyland one is great, and I really like all the old character specials, like the early Pluto and early Donald. Very nostalgic!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I have quite a few of these April. There are some I do not have...yet. In addition to the rarities you already own which also one of my favorites, I also enjoy any of the Donald, Mickey, or Pluto collections.

Has anyone bought the Oswald one yet? I'm thinking about. I don't think I'm going to purchase the Hardy Boys one.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I have quite a few of these April. There are some I do not have...yet. In addition to the rarities you already own which also one of my favorites, I also enjoy any of the Donald, Mickey, or Pluto collections.

Has anyone bought the Oswald one yet? I'm thinking about. I don't think I'm going to purchase the Hardy Boys one.
    I was looking at the Oswald one. The Hardy Boys are not for me.

It's because of you that I'm asking for them. I added the Disneyland one to the wish list. I see that there a bunch that you can't get on Amazon directly ...did they get retired or something?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I was looking at the Oswald one. The Hardy Boys are not for me.

It's because of you that I'm asking for them. I added the Disneyland one to the wish list. I see that there a bunch that you can't get on Amazon directly ...did they get retired or something?
    I always knew I was a bad influence.

Most of mine are numbered and in their tin. My Rarities one is 057,623 out of 125,000. My On the Front Lines one is 157,125 out of 250,000. So, they may only produce X amount and that's it. And then it becomes open season for people wanting to sell them on Amazon.com and eBay.com.

If you are looking for any of the earliest waves, you may have a harder time obtaining them or forking over more money. We've been trying to collect them since the beginning, but we missed the first 2 waves. However, we were able at one time to get them from the Disney Store website in one big 7 set collection. None of these are numbered and they came in a big cardboard thing instead of 7 individual tins. This includes: Silly Symphonies, Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Davy Crockett, Mickey Mouse in Living Color, The Complete Goofy, Disneyland USA, and Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio.

Unfortunately this site Walt Disney Treasures - UltimateDisney.com links you to Amazon.com to purchase them. So if you can't find them on Amazon, well then....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I was just going to suggest the Disneyland one too. Definately my favorite. I also like the Silly symphonies, but that one is direct from amazon. I think you can still get More Silly Symphonies in the stores. There is also Your Host Walt out, but I don't have it so I can't say if its good or not, only that I want it. All the character cartoon ones are pretty explanatory. Most of those that are actually in stores now are later volumes that include cartoons from later on in that character's careers, but that might just be the difference between color and b&w.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    When they first started coming out I decided I had to get them all each year when they came out. Yes, some of them are better than others. I grew up watching the Wonderful World of Color and really enjoy alot of the old stuff; out of the vault. The very first one--Disneyland USA was very good with the original broadcast of the grand opening in 1955 and several other shows, but the latest one--Disneyland secrets, stories & magic is even better. It has a new documentary and an original People and Places: Disneyland USA that was filmed in cinemascope in 1956 that is amazing. You get an amazing view of what the park looked like when it opened before any changes. On the same set is some amazing footage shot in time lapse photography of disneyland being built. Walt set up several towers around the park with cameras on them and filmed as construction progressed. There is even a shot of Walt Disney riding a bike through Tomorrowland. As someone who grew up watching Walt Disney on TV every Sunday night and dreaming of someday going to disneyland this is great to see. Of course, I still haven't made it to disneyland but our 10 trips to WDW have mostly satisfied that idea. lol. Well, maybe some day....
    All the old shorts are also wonderful to have, and I always enjoyed the swamp fox and davey crocket.
    Last edited by disneycrazy1956; 03-28-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: sp
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Some of the older ones are still available on Disneyshopping.com.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.