Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Aaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just saw this on Yahoo! HSM4 deleted non-working link see story a few posts down...
    tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Aaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!!!

Just saw this on Yahoo! HSM4

deleted non-working link

see story a few posts down
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 04-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The link is blank for me.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I don't see it either Brian...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Here's another case of milking something bone dry *shudder* Just wait for the Community College Musical series, and then HSM 10th year Reunion Musical, and so on, right after Haunted Mansion 3, Pirates 5, and Cinderella 4 1/3, Gus's side of the slipper.

heres the story (with credits given)

"High School Musical 4" already in works
    By Paul J. Gough Tue Apr 8, 7:47 PM PDT

Even before "High School Musical 3" hits movie theaters in the fall, Disney Channel is starting work on "High School Musical 4."

"We are writing 'High School Musical 4,' " Disney Channel Worldwide president Rich Ross said Tuesday after a presentation at a midtown Manhattan recording studio. It's likely to be a TV movie unlike "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," though that could change. Filming begins in two weeks in Utah.

There's no word on whether the cast and behind-the-scenes talent will gather again for "HSM4," though some characters introduced in the third go-round likely will star in the fourth.

"Are we going to have all the cast back? Probably not," Ross said. "Will we have some of them? I hope so."

Even for a channel that has huge properties in "Hannah Montana" and "The Cheetah Girls," among others, "HSM" is big business. The second TV movie shattered cable TV records last summer with a premiere watched by 18.6 million viewers and it has been a hit internationally as well. It boosted Disney Channel to the No. 1 position among cable networks in primetime in 2007.

Ross said that after the original "HSM," he went to Disney Channel entertainment president Gary Marsh and asked whether there was "a new story to tell" in the saga that launched the careers of Zac Efron, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale and Corbin Bleu.

"We have learned that just putting a number next to a title is a very old idea," Ross said. "We have to have a new story."

Marsh answered affirmatively with "HSM2" and later, "HSM3." Now Marsh and Ross are confident that the "HSM4" script is going well.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Copyright 2008 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Stop the Insanity!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Since I don't have a HSM fanatic in the house, I'm not made to watch them. So Disney can make as many HSM movie/TV movies as they want. Actually, after seeing an ad on TV for some horribly violent computer game, (I've been out of the loop on what's being offered to the public) I'd rather let kids get hooked on the HSM franchise than the blood and guts video franchise. When HSM stops making money, Disney will stop making them. Example: You don't see anymore "beach" movies.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't understand the complaints. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. No one's forcing you to. If you reply that your *kids* are "forcing" you to, you have bigger problems in your household than what movies Disney chooses to produce.

Wellllll......everyone has their right to complain and I think maybe you've exercised that right on more than one occasion!

I'm with ya Brian! I heard this the other day and I was like...ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I don't understand the complaints. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. No one's forcing you to. If you reply that your *kids* are "forcing" you to, you have bigger problems in your household than what movies Disney chooses to produce.
    Despite my aacckkk, I am not complaining, I am just reporting.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Wellllll......everyone has their right to complain and I think maybe you've exercised that right on more than one occasion!
    Oh you're absolutely right about that. Indeed, it seems I'm becoming somewhat known for it.... my question is that I don't *understand* this complaint, not that I want to tell people they're not allowed to complain.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I know you will all laugh at me, I can't help it...

I love HSM!!!
    What time is it? Summer time!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

No laughing at you on my part. I loved the original, I enjoyed the sequel, and I'll probably even shell out the $9 to see #3 in the theatre...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'm with you Kerry...I like the series and I'm looking forward to #3. I just wish it wasn't going into the theaters.

On a side note did anyone watch Idol Gives Back and see the clip of Vanessa and Ashley on the set of HSM3? I HATE Ashley's new nose!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Ashley got a new nose? Why?!!!! She was so cute!
    I wish it wasn't going into theaters too. I liked that I could have my own little guilty pleasure HSM2 watching party in my jammies in my living room. Oh well, I guess I have to be out and proud about it now!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast