Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Write your WALL-E Thoughts and Reviews Here! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; My 2 DDs and I went yesterday and LOVED it! Such a great movie! The free watches were a nice touch for the kids. We hope to catch some WALL-E ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My 2 DDs and I went yesterday and LOVED it! Such a great movie! The free watches were a nice touch for the kids. We hope to catch some WALL-E activities/characters in October. Does anyone know of any? I am going to the garden now to work on my "pizza plants"!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I hope they are planning on having Wall-E do meet and greets at DHS! He was on Regis & Kelly yesterday and my little one couldn't stop smiling and squealing in delight! I cannot imagine what his reaction would be if he actually got to meet him!!!
    According to screamscape.com, we should be seeing a full-sized Wall-E on each coast in the very near future. That would be a hundred times cooler than Push the Trashcan or Wes Palm (and I really like both of those!)

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I thought the same thing!!!
    LOL, so did I.

I'm planning to see WallE on 4th of July. After reading this thread, I am really looking forward to it!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Alright, I have now seen Wall-E twice (Opening day and saturday).
    It is quickly becoming one of my most loved Disney movies!
    As you may have noticed, I thought the Buy N' Large thing was great...the jingle is very catchy.
    "Buy N' Large, its your superstore. We got all you need and so much more! Happiness is what we sell, thats why everyone loves BnL!"
    I loved all the social subjects that were in the movie too!
    Everyone becoming disconnected 100% with reality and nobody socializing face to face.
    Everyone self absorbed into what they want and want to do.
    Laziness.
    The neglect of the environment. And so many others. The movie goes after some issues that are big in todays world.
    Even more, I like how Wall-E and Eve are more human, and the humans more robotic.
    I did not mind that the first part of the movie was quite lacking on talking, the emotions of Wall-E, Eve, and even the little cockroach were enough. And it gave you an idea of the world that Wall-E lived in, which was very quiet till Eve.
    I like the robot ward as well, it made me think of more of a mental ward for robots though.
    And I liked how a band of misfit robots helps outsider Wall-E with what ever is needed.
    Did anyone else catch the part when the shut the service bot in the closet? It sounded like a monorail recording!
    Well, all in all, I would give Wall-E a 110%. I did not think much of Wall-E at first, but it was so much better than I thought! I am going to have to get it on DVD as soon as it comes out! And I am actually thinking of seeing it a third time...
    Oh, has anyone else visited the BnL website?
    Buy n Large

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke View Post
    Alright, I have now seen Wall-E twice (Opening day and saturday).
    It is quickly becoming one of my most loved Disney movies!
    As you may have noticed, I thought the Buy N' Large thing was great...the jingle is very catchy.
    "Buy N' Large, its your superstore. We got all you need and so much more! Happiness is what we sell, thats why everyone loves BnL!"
    I loved all the social subjects that were in the movie too!
    Everyone becoming disconnected 100% with reality and nobody socializing face to face.
    Everyone self absorbed into what they want and want to do.
    Laziness.
    The neglect of the environment. And so many others. The movie goes after some issues that are big in todays world.
    Even more, I like how Wall-E and Eve are more human, and the humans more robotic.
    I did not mind that the first part of the movie was quite lacking on talking, the emotions of Wall-E, Eve, and even the little cockroach were enough. And it gave you an idea of the world that Wall-E lived in, which was very quiet till Eve.
    I like the robot ward as well, it made me think of more of a mental ward for robots though.
    And I liked how a band of misfit robots helps outsider Wall-E with what ever is needed.
    Did anyone else catch the part when the shut the service bot in the closet? It sounded like a monorail recording!
    Well, all in all, I would give Wall-E a 110%. I did not think much of Wall-E at first, but it was so much better than I thought! I am going to have to get it on DVD as soon as it comes out! And I am actually thinking of seeing it a third time...
    Oh, has anyone else visited the BnL website?
    Buy n Large
    That website is great! I love all of the new robots, the shopping pill, and the teacher bot! I agree with you, the movie had a simple story but it was kinda deep also. We have not stopped taking about it and trying to figure out what everything really meant! I missed all of the Disney references. I am going back to see it again. I will look for the monorail recording part! Cool! You have some great points!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Just saw this movie and I LOVED it. Really entertaining and kinda edgy for Disney. I really appreciated the social issues it brought up. Apathy + Consumerism + instant gratification = a dead earth and debilitating obesity.

Buy n Large was defintley symbolic of Wal Mart (and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate Wal Mart) and the ironic thing is that Wal Mart, and other big box stores, will probablly be promoting the heck out of the DVD release!

Not quite Finding Nemo - - - but a definite must see!
    Last edited by disneydarling; 06-29-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Hands down the best Disney Pixar movie. Prior to seeing it, I really felt that Nemo was untoppable but really, Wall-E takes the cake for me. Anyone else find themselves in tears?
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

I think the service bot was saying something along the lines of, "We are currently holding for..."
    I cant remember if thats it tough. Well, it gives me a reason to see Wall-E for the third time!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    Hands down the best Disney Pixar movie. Prior to seeing it, I really felt that Nemo was untoppable but really, Wall-E takes the cake for me. Anyone else find themselves in tears?
    Girl I was so in tears! I'm trying to be careful what I say because folks will read this thread that haven't seen it but definitely after the rebuild failed I was choked up. I was also teary during the "dance" scene. Plus in general I kept tearing up at seeing Aaron so into the movie. It was a great "first movie" experience for him.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I took my daughter (3) on Friday and she really enjoyed it. She's been wearing the free watch ever since. I really liked the movie too. I was really cute and I also liked that there was some adult humor and not all just geared towards kids. Cannot wait for this to come to video.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's so funny to read what people are saying about the movie at different online forums...it seems at all the Disney themed Forums people love the movie. On one of my none Disney hangouts most people hated it.

They must not "get it".

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    How in the WORLD could you hate that movie? Wow!

So what's with the watches? I took my 2 year-old and no watch!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    How in the WORLD could you hate that movie? Wow!
    Most of the comments were:

"I didn't like being preached to"
    "It was boring"
    "I hated the no talking in the beginning"
    "My kids hated it"
    "I feel asleep x number of times during it"

But even the haters said it was beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Most of the comments were:

"I didn't like being preached to"
    "It was boring"
    "I hated the no talking in the beginning"
    "My kids hated it"
    "I feel asleep x number of times during it"

But even the haters said it was beautifully done.
    No attention span?
    Well, the people who thought they were being 'preached to' just cant enjoy a movie. Even if you don't like the message (even though many disney movies have a message), you can enjoy the romantic story about Wall-E and Eve.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Over at Rotten Tomatoes, every time a bad review is posted about it the comments start pouring in attacking the reviewer for non-valid points. I guess the people over there "get it".
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast