Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Write your WALL-E Thoughts and Reviews Here! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I for one cannot wait to see WALL-E I been looking forward to this movie since I heard and seen about it. 2719 HYPERION has a collection of reviews from ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Talking Write your WALL-E Thoughts and Reviews Here!

I for one cannot wait to see WALL-E I been looking forward to this movie since I heard and seen about it.

2719 HYPERION has a collection of reviews from various reporters around the country and they're all giving WALL-E .

Here are the reviews:

This is getting to sound like a broken record: Pixar Animation Studios has just topped itself. Again.

The film is so clever and sophisticated that you worry, slightly, that it might be too clever to connect with mainstream audiences. But like those worries last year that having a rat for a hero in "Ratatouille" might throw off audiences, surely "WALL-E" will make that connection. It's so sweet and funny that the multitudes undoubtedly will surrender to its many charms.
    -Hollywood Reporter

The engaging and visually stunning computer-animated WALL·E (* * * * out of four) is a significant departure for the studio, with its sci-fi plot and soundtrack of beeps and buzzes that serve as communication between the bots.

WALL·E is at once futuristic, funny and fantastical. It's an extraordinarily captivating adventure, laden with equal parts humor and heart and populated with memorable and endearing characters.
    -USA Today

EVERY time I think the studio that gave us "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille" can't possibly top itself, Pixar comes up with a masterpiece like "WALL-E," which smuggles barbed political satire into a charming, hilarious robot love story aimed at the entire family.
    -New York Post

Many will attempt to describe WALL-E with a one-liner. It’s R2-D2 in love. 2001: A Space Odyssey starring The Little Tramp. An Inconvenient Truth meets Idiocracy on its way to Toy Story. But none of these do justice to a film that’s both breathtakingly majestic and heartbreakingly intimate—and, for a good long while, absolutely bereft of dialogue save the squeals, beeps, and chirps of a sweet, lonely robot who, aside from his cockroach pet, is the closest thing to the last living being on earth.

But WALL-E will not be remembered by children–or the adults for whom WALL-E is really intended–for its tsk-tsking environmental policy or its Naomi Klein polemics. Rather, you’ll adore it because of a cuddly, lonely little robot who breaks your beeping heart.
    -Village Voice

The first 40 minutes or so of Wall-E— in which barely any dialogue is spoken, and almost no human figures appear on screen — is a cinematic poem of such wit and beauty that its darker implications may take a while to sink in. The scene is an intricately rendered city, bristling with skyscrapers but bereft of any inhabitants apart from a battered, industrious robot and his loyal cockroach sidekick. Hazy, dust-filtered sunlight illuminates a landscape of eerie, post-apocalyptic silence. This is a world without people, you might say without animation, though it teems with evidence of past life.
    -New York Times

IF Pixar Animation Studios has an enviable record of consistent success -- and with a worldwide box-office gross of $4.3 billion from its eight films, it certainly does -- it's because the company has an uncanny gift for pushing things further without pushing too far. Pixar's adventurous new film, the one-of-a-kind "Wall-E," shows how it's done.

Daring and traditional, groundbreaking and familiar, apocalyptic and sentimental, "Wall-E" gains strength from embracing contradictions that would destroy other films. Directed by Pixar stalwart Andrew Stanton, who co-wrote and directed the Oscar-winning "Finding Nemo," "Wall-E" is the latest Pixar film to manage what's become next door to impossible for anyone else: appealing to the broadest possible audience without insulting anyone's intelligence.
    -Los Angeles Times

Yet even as the movie turns pointedly, and resonantly, satirical, it never loses its heart. I'm not sure I'd trust anyone, kid or adult, who didn't get a bit of a lump in the throat by the end of WALL-E, a film that brings off what the best (and only the best) Pixar films have: It whisks you to another world, then makes it every inch our own.
    -Entertainment Weekly

Pixar’s “WALL•E” succeeds at being three things at once: an enthralling animated film, a visual wonderment and a decent science-fiction story. After “Kung Fu Panda,” I thought I had just about exhausted my emergency supply of childlike credulity, but here is a film, like “Finding Nemo,” that you can enjoy even if you’ve grown up. That it works largely without spoken dialogue is all the more astonishing; it can easily cross language barriers, which is all the better, considering that it tells a planetary story.
    -Roger Ebert

It is, the more I think about it, a jewel of a film in conception, execution and message. But the kids, who had been laughing at a recent screening, got very quiet during certain sequences, especially when the Earth seemed irredeemable. "WALL-E's" glance into the future didn't do much for my bliss either, but the idea that a company in the business of mainstream entertainment would make something as creative, substantial and cautionary as "WALL-E" has to raise your hopes for humanity.

-Washington Post

I'm going to see WALL-E next week and I'll write my thoughts then.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 06-27-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well I just bought my tickets on Fandango! We (Aaron and I) are going to see it at 11:45am tomorrow... IN DLP!! Yeah baby!!

So... soon as we're back I'll write a review. That is if we make it through the whole thing... this will be Aaron's first ever movie in a theater (he's 27 months old). Cross those fingers folks!!

EDIT: I just read every word of those reviews and just reading them nearly brought me to tears. It is so wonderful to see so many critics giving it so much praise. I anticipate a wonderful afternoon!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 06-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You are in Paris? What?! What did I miss?!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I saw the 10:30 am show today. Wall-e was in my opinion, the best Pixar movie yet. It was very original and funny. My little sister got a free Wall-E watch when we bought our tickets at the BO. I loved it.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    LOL!!!! Noooo DLP - Digital Projection!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Absolutely amazing! I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone, so I will just say that Wall-E is easily among my favorite Pixar films if not my favorite. I assume if you are on this forum reading this then you already have plans made to see it, but if you don't then I highly suggest you make some! I cannot find one thing to say bad about it as it is a near flawless movie. The long periods without dialogue during the first half of the film do not detract from enjoyment at all! I personally think that the decision to not use dialogue in these parts really enhanced the meaning of the film. You have to see this movie! Oh, and I also loved the People Mover reference when it first shows the sprawling view of the city aboard the Axiom! 10/10
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I saw the movie today and loved it also! The people that I saw it with were having a disagreement about why the earth was in the condition that it was in. One lady said that it was from a nuclear war, and we all thought that it was from humans neglecting their land, pollution etc. She said that cockroaches are the only things that can survive a nuclear war. Any thoughts on this? Also, I was busy looking for Disney references and hidden Mickeys. I didn't see any. What was the peoplemover reference? I missed that!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    There was just a flashing neon sign that said "People Mover" in the center of the screen when it gives the first look at the city on the Axiom. There were vehicles under the sign being boarded (by robots, I believe).
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved it!!!!!! Wall-e is just soooo cute, I could give him a big hug! It is amazing the personality that this little robot has.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Now I CANNOT wait to see WALL-E!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    LOL!!!! Noooo DLP - Digital Projection!!
    I thought the same thing!!!

We saw it last night and will be going again in a couple hours (birthday party)! I wouldn't call it my favorite Pixar movie to date, but I think that Wall-E just might be my favorite Pixar character! He is so easy to fall in love with!! The boys loved the movie and cannot wait to go back and see it again today!

I hope they are planning on having Wall-E do meet and greets at DHS! He was on Regis & Kelly yesterday and my little one couldn't stop smiling and squealing in delight! I cannot imagine what his reaction would be if he actually got to meet him!!!

sjh801 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    WALL-E is an excellent movie! I saw it yesterday with my sister and niece. It definitely will appeal to adults and children alike on different levels.
    Run, don't walk to your nearest theatre.
    Sandy

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I thought Wall-E was really cute. It's totally different from the other Pixar films and not my favorite, but it was cute.

Loved it loved it loved it!!! Seeing it in DLP made it all the better... was like watching it on a huge HDTV. Wonderful!

And... who knew... WALL-E is a Mac!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast