Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Do You Like Pixar? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; The latest Disney movies have been made with Pixar such as Wall-E and The Incredibles. Do You like how they have joined together, or do you like the old hand ...
    Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Do You Like Pixar?

The latest Disney movies have been made with Pixar such as Wall-E and The Incredibles.
    Do You like how they have joined together, or do you like the old hand drawn movies such as The Little Mermaid and Cinderella?
    Or does it not matter to you?
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Not all Disney movies are Pixar. Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little and Bolt (comes out later this year) are not Pixar films. I like that they are joined, yet still separate in some ways. The big difference to me is Pixar movies have better stories and characters.

I do like the hand drawn films and I'm looking forward to The Princess and the Frog which is traditional 2d animation. I do think both computer and hand drawn have their places. At this point in time I don't care what style it's made in or who made the film, as long as it's good.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I terribly miss the animation from my childhood. I wish every movie was 2d. And I miss the songs soooo much and the Pixar movies lack any songs so I'm hoping that the new Princess will also include a ton of songs!

Quote Originally Posted by lobaugo View Post
    I terribly miss the animation from my childhood. I wish every movie was 2d. And I miss the songs soooo much and the Pixar movies lack any songs so I'm hoping that the new Princess will also include a ton of songs!
    Thats all I watch are the 2D movies. I love the songs from them too.
    Is Disney going to come out with a new Princess movie?
    I havent heard of that yet. o.O
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The Princess and the Frog - it's coming out next year.

Ohhhhh!
    Okayyy.
    Thanks Stitch. =]

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I like classic Disney style animation and also Pixar but I am gutted that the wonderfully promising "American Dog" got turned into "Bolt" - could go on with a bitter rant about how Chris Sanders has been treated but I won't......

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I like the Pixar films because they have such strong stories - something that has been missing from Disney films released after Lilo & Stitch.

While I enjoy CGI films, I really miss 2D animation and I wish it would come back with some great stories to go along with the great animation.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

urvashi is offline A-Ticket holder
    If they have joined together all the latest movies Pixar Wall-E and The Incredibles.The story become solid and this will be Great........

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    The Princess and the Frog - it's coming out next year.
    Yeah, all of the sites that I can find that have a release date listed is saying that it will come out Christmas Day 2009
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like the Disney/Pixar movies but I wish that Disney would do some more hand-drawn animations again. Doesn't seem like they do that many anymore. Just something about the hand-drawn ones that make them have that something extra special, don't know what.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    I love Pixar films and Disney films. I have to echo the sentiments of several previous posts. I think, in general, the Pixar films have had better stories and character development, even though I do miss the musical element of the classic 2D Disney films. When Pixar first brought out Toy Story and A Bug's Life, I'll admit, I was leaning more towards the 3D animation style, but now that it's so prevalent, I've become used to it and look more at the story to determine which films I like better.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda_Girl View Post
    Do You like how they have joined together, or do you like the old hand drawn movies such as The Little Mermaid and Cinderella? Or does it not matter to you?
    I'm going to have to agree with those who feel that the Disney/Pixar merger was a marriage made in heaven. Bob Iger's decision to have Disney acquire Pixar was definetely a very bold move and serves as further proof that he really wants to undo any damage that Disney recieved during the second half of Michael Eisner's tenure.

Both 2D and 3D animated films can be great and deserve to have their place. Besides, Disney IS going back to producing 2D animated films, so that is most certainly a good sign in my book.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 10-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.

19PK74 is offline A-Ticket holder
    PIXAR joining with Disney was a fantastic thing for animated films!

If for no other reason than the fact that Disney placed John Lassiter in charager of all Disney Animation once the merge took place and the first thing he did was revive the 2D cell animation studios that Eisner had shut down.

You'll also going to be seeing less and less direct to DVD sequels and the like as Lassiter wants to focus on features much more.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."-Edgar Allan Poe

sumita is offline Temporarily Suspended
    I love to watch the Naruto and amine on disneyworld .......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast