Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Bolt! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Had a chance to see a sneak peek of Bolt in 3D this weekend. Took the family to see Madagascar 2 Saturday afternoon and noticed a flyer that the theater ...
    ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

Bolt!

Had a chance to see a sneak peek of Bolt in 3D this weekend. Took the family to see Madagascar 2 Saturday afternoon and noticed a flyer that the theater was testing their first 3D showing after our matinee...so of course we stayed. WOW! The animation was wonderful but it was the ability to tell a story that really showed this to be a Disney film. Couldn't help to compare with Madagascar2 since I had just seen it and after being a little bored during Madagascar2 found myself revitalized during Bolt with the story. Thank you Disney (and John Lasseter and team) for making a "Disney film".
    ---
    Gary M. Hasty
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Grumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Can't wait to take our boys this weekend!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am taking the kids on Saturday if all goes well, now I am really excited!

It comes out on my birthday! We will be going to see it on Saturday!!!

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    im 19 and in college and want to go so bad!!!
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'm hoping to see a staff showing at the movie theater where I work on wednesday or thursday, but I'm guessing they won't have one...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I can't wait to see it! Did Lasseter make this one? I don't think it's a Pixar.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I can't wait to see it myself. I seen the preview during Beverly Hill's Chihuahua & it looked great.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I love a positive review for a movie I'm anticipating. I hope I like it just as much.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I just got back from seeing Bolt and was pleasantly surprised. I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone, but I will just say that I think it was about as good as one of Pixar's lesser critically acclaimed movies (Cars for example) and I'm sure some of that credit goes to Lasseter who was executive producer. I also love the Nemo reference and how Bolt's tag said Riverside Drive. I won't get into details about the plot or anything, but it really was a deeper movie than recent Disney animated films such as Meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little. If you haven't seen it yet and are still unsure you will like it or not, just give it a chance!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Just got back from seeing Bolt in 3D, the kids and I enjoyed it equally, I thought it was very cute and a few scenes even had me tearing up, I am such a sap! I had to watch it in French since that was the only way we could see it in 3D here (drat).

I was expecting a bunch of 3D tricks but those never happened. Very cute buddy movie, great animation, I'm sure we'll add it to our collection when the DVD comes out. That Rhino had some good lines, can't wait to watch the original track to get the full effect, sadly most jokes don't translate, still very enjoyable in French. Two thumbs up!

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just saw Bolt too! I really liked it...the hampster, Rino, is definatly one of my favorite characters : )

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Reading the reviews I will have to try to get there this week. Thanks.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

resmilan is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    it was good movie i think like it

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    I saw Bolt in 3D and I was pleasantly surprised! I really enjoyed it quite a lot, and I'm much more excited for the future Disney films. In case anybody's interested, here's my review I posted on my blog:

Ever since the Mouse House had the idea to completely abandon traditional animated feature films and look more towards computer-generated films, it was definitely something saddening. These computer animated films brought out by Disney since (not including the Pixar films, just exclusively Disney) didn't bring the "oomph" their earlier traditional-animated masterpieces had. However; there is a light at the end, and it looks like we will finally see an end to this downgrade of quality. Now that The Walt Disney Company has acquired Pixar Animation Studios; Pixar's head honcho, John Lasseter, has stepped in to clean up Disney's act. Now under the banner of Walt Disney Animation Studios, we're finally ready to see the potential they've been holding up all these years. The first animated Disney feature film to surface under Lasseter's supervision is Bolt. After seeing the film for myself, I can definitely get the feeling of brighter times ahead for Walt Disney Animation Studios. For me; Bolt has become quite the pleasant surprise that everyone who loves Disney should see.

Our story involves a dog named Bolt (voiced by John Travolta) who is the star of a major television show with his owner Penny (voiced by Miley Cyrus). But the catch is that Bolt thinks all of his super powers featured in the show are real, so he's basically a dog caught in the bubble of the television show, away from reality. But some wrong turns send Bolt across the country; and once again believing the events of the television show are real, sets out to "rescue" Penny. Along the way; he recruits some new friends including the nervous cat Mittens (voiced by Susie Essman), and the daring and "dangerous" hamster Rhino (voiced by Mark Walton). Bolt also learns some important life lessons along the way; and even learns the real values of life. It's a plot that seems sort of thin; that's because it is to a small degree, but I think it's something you can relate to. The emotions of loyalty and friendship with Bolt & Penny, but also between Bolt, Mittens, and Rhino on their journey. This plot I see is an example of the simple life and the things you value most, which I can relate to a lot.

The animation retains the same computer-generated animation very common in today's films. It doesn't break any barriers in technology, but it's definitely a feast for the eyes of many. But one big difference is in select theaters it is presented in Disney Digital 3D. I was lucky enough to view the film in 3D (with the glasses and all!) and it definitely changed the perspective dramatically. I felt myself becoming more "a part" of the film with the picture in front of me almost jumping out at me. The computer animation is something nice, nothing out of the ordinary; but viewing it in 3D just made it all the more exciting. I'm just very surprised at how much of a treat this film was, and it reminded me quite a lot of the traditional-animated Disney films of the 1990's just because of the charm. The story and characters were all very charming and did very well with expressing the moods.

Overall; if you are a Disney fan looking for a pure animated experience that doesn't grow stale, then Bolt is an excellent recommendation. After coming out of the theater; I had nothing but a smile on my face. It really reminded me of the reason why I love Disney and their storytelling, how it can be so captivating. This film also stays in safe boundaries so anybody in the family can enjoy this film immensely. There are moments of genuine emotion and humor, and it truly can be related to anybody living their daily lives. If I had to give some advice; I would also highly recommend viewing the experience in 3D, as it makes the experience even more fun. I'm very excited now for the future ambitions that will be done by John Lasseter and Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Bolt is only a taste of the greatness to come.

V E R D I C T: A
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast