Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Disney On Broadway - The Little Mermaid in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I love Disney on Broadway - I've seen the NY production of Beauty and the Beast (now closed), and the touring productions of Lion King and High School Musical. They ...
    DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney On Broadway - The Little Mermaid

I love Disney on Broadway -

I've seen the NY production of Beauty and the Beast (now closed), and the touring productions of Lion King and High School Musical. They all were great.

Has anyone seen The Little Mermaid? How was it?

Dan
    DisneyHomeVideo

rissaroo is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney On Broadway - The Little Mermaid

So this reponse is a little late, but... better late than never, right?

I saw The Little Mermaid back in January and was not impressed. I went into the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre rooting for it, as an aquaintaince of mine was just starting a three-month stint in it. But I left quite disappointed.

I felt bad for the actors, who are wonderful, but even their performances couldn't make up for the book or music and lyrics, which all fall flat. The sets are both minimal and terrible. It's quite a mess, actually.

I'd suggest seeing something else on Broadway. Next to Normal, Hair, In the Heights, August: Osage County... Or, if you want to stay in the Disney area, The Lion King and Mary Poppins are both decent shows.
    thanks to snowwhitesicons @ livejournal for the beautiful illuminations avatar!