Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss 1940s Disney Songs in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Forgive me if I'm not. Anyway.. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the songs from "Melody time", ...
    Mamfyb90 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question 1940s Disney Songs

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Forgive me if I'm not. Anyway.. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the songs from "Melody time", or in fact any of the songs from the "package" films released in the 40s? As cheesy and unpopular as they are....I still like them and are itching to have them on my ipod! Any ideas or suggestions?

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: 1940s Disney Songs

You could try putting the title name then rapidshare into google.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Mamfyb90 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you for that suggestion but I couldn't find anything. They must REALLY hard to find.

makeminemusic is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mamfyb90 View Post
    I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Forgive me if I'm not. Anyway.. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the songs from "Melody time", or in fact any of the songs from the "package" films released in the 40s? As cheesy and unpopular as they are....I still like them and are itching to have them on my ipod! Any ideas or suggestions?
    Very few of the songs from "Melody Time", "Fun and Fancy Free" and of course "Make Mine Music" have been released by Disney. Some were recorded in the 1940s/50s as "Covers" by non-Disney artist, mostly as Big Band dance music. I have been collecting these cover records for years and have about 3 CDs worth of music recorded from 78rpms that were produced and sold back then. I really enjoy listening to these. Check out my record blog as I will soon start posting these classics for your listening (not downloading, sorry) pleasure.
    "Make Mine Music and the World will Sing"

Come listen to the classic Disney vinyl on www.waltsmusic.com