Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Just saw Disneynature's Earth in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just saw Disneynature's Earth . Great film. Beautiful cinematography and sound design. James Earl Jones does a great job narrating. Before the movie they show a clip about Walt and ...
    Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Just saw Disneynature's Earth

Just saw Disneynature's Earth. Great film. Beautiful cinematography and sound design. James Earl Jones does a great job narrating. Before the movie they show a clip about Walt and the original True Life Adventures movies.

Highly recommended.

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Re: Just saw Disneynature's Earth

I wanna see it badly, might have to travel a bit since my theater isn't getting it....
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Linnette Alissa is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm planning on going tomorrow. I'm glad you liked it. I read a review by a critic (which I usually avoid at all costs) and it totally bummed me out, but I knew it had to be good!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm glad Disney is bringing back their "True Life Adventures" with the Nature film. I loved watching those on Sunday nights.

Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Critic's reviews look to be generally positive.

Earth (2009) - Critics Reviews - Yahoo! Movies

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

I just saw the film today, and it was very impressive. As stated in the original post, the cinematography was incredible. I was particularly impressed with the use of time-lapse photography, and even night vision photography. No one can do a voiceover like James Earl Jones, and he even gave a few fun Disney references.

In an age where we have Animal Planet and many wildlife documentaries, it is nice to be reminded that it was Walt Disney who came up with the idea of non-scripted stories as told through the non-intrusive candid photographing of animals in their natural habitats

Be sure to stay through the end of the credits as they demonstrate some of the lengths the filmmakers went through to create the movie!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Our family saw it today too. The only thing I didn't like was the cold theater and all the views of the arctic. Talk about "feeling" the essence of the movie. The cinematography was fantastic. I wouldn't recommend it for very young children since the "circle of life" scenes could be a bit disturbing. It's not graphic, but I'm sure they'd be able to follow which animal is going to end up being someone's meal. I will definitely be looking forward to next year's movie, "Ocean".
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I really liked this movie. Don't listen to the critics. In addition to almost shedding a tear or two at the sight of Walt and remembering the true life adventures, the movie was amazing! The great cinematography, the sweeping score, this was an awesome movie. The waterfall scene was my favorite, and I wish they had this movie in IMAX. I also loved the underwater scenes and can't wait till the next in the disneynature series, "Ocean" You should definitely see this movie, but I wouldn't recommend taking your kids... If you do, you'll probably be hearing "did the baby die?" There are no bad bad death scenes, the worst is a cheetah with it's mouth around an animals neck.... o_o. But I do think the very last scene in the movie makes up for all the deaths, etc. and you leave feeling like "Wow... what did I just see? (a few minutes later) That was amazing!"

I'd give this movie a 4 1/2 star rating... plus I planted a tree!!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I saw it and it was amazing. I highly recommend everyone seeing the movie