Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Parents in Disney Movies in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I was going back in my family little time machine and was reading a school newspaper from 2003. When I read that 101 dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Parents in Disney Movies

I was going back in my family little time machine and was reading a school newspaper from 2003. When I read that 101 dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only 2 Disney movies in which neither parent dies during the course of the movie, I did not believe it. There has to be a movie other than those 2. Is it true or were they lying to us when they gave this newspaper out. Remember it is from May of 2003.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Parents in Disney Movies

There's also Lady and the Tramp, Jenny's parents in Oliver and Company, Hercules, and Mulan. Not sure of any others from pre 2003 though. There are other movies where no parent dies, but these are the only that I can think of that start and end with two parents.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

There are also movies where the subject is not addressed like Monster's Inc. We are never introduced to Boo's parents.

neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Aristocrats, Mary Poppins, Swiss Family Robison, Sleeping Beauty, Pinochio, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story and I am sure there are some more.
    Kati
    91'offsite, 92'Caribbean Beach, 93'Caribbean Beach, 94'Beach Club, 96'Boardwalk, 97' Disneyland Hotel, 98'Beach Club , 00'Caribbean Beach, 02'Animal Kingdom Lodge, 04'Wilderness Lodge, 05'Grand Californian, 06'Beach Club, 07'Saratoga Springs, 08' Beach Club

D23 Charter Member

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Next trip ~ July 19 - 26 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jennings is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by neverland23 View Post
    Aristocrats, Mary Poppins, Swiss Family Robison, Sleeping Beauty, Pinochio, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story and I am sure there are some more.
    Did the newspaper say the parents actually dead? Or was it that the a parent was absent. For example in Pinochio, Alice and Wonderland, and Toy Story, there is at least one parent absent.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Do they mean live action movies or cartoons. Live Action I can think of Parent Trap and as far as cartoons go I can think of Dumbo, Dumbo's mom got locked up but she didn't die. So just from the list that everyone else mentioned I would say that school newspaper is wrong.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    Did the newspaper say the parents actually dead? Or was it that the a parent was absent. For example in Pinochio, Alice and Wonderland, and Toy Story, there is at least one parent absent.
    The parent was absent.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder

mary poppins?