Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Who Framed Roger Rabbit in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I am here (in my first toast, poast, I mean, post) to ask if there are any fans of the classic 1988 movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, who is one ...
    Stratofarius is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I am here (in my first toast, poast, I mean, post) to ask if there are any fans of the classic 1988 movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, who is one of the best movies Disney ever made. It was also remembered for its Oscars and its milestones: The only time in animation history that Disney and Warner Bros characters acted together on screen (remember the classic Donald vs Daffy scene? "I've worked with a lot of ducks before, but you are despicable!")

What do you guys think about it? Would a sequel be possible? And with this sequel, would this bring more RR stuff to Disney Parks/merchandise? (I've always loved Judge Doom)

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I'm a huge Roger Rabbit fan. When Disney MGM Studios opened, Roger had a big presence. Unfortunately, that has waned over the years, and WDW did not get the cool Roger Rabbit ride that Disneyland got (or the Indiana Jones one, but I digress). I believe much of this was covered in one of Lou's podcasts. As much as we would all like to see a sequel, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. According to Lou's show, the main stumbling block is.....Steven Spielberg. Apparently, in order to have a sequel, all owners of the Roger Rabbit property need to agree on it. It seems a few years back there was some dispute between Disney and Spielberg over which movies the Roger Rabbit film shorts would open with. As a result, there's some bad blood between the two, and Spielberg won't sign off on any sequels. I wish I could remember which podcast to direct you to.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will happen in the future, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

It wasn't one of my favorites and I think Disney has pretty much forgotten about it. But, I do have a great picture of me and Jessica Rabbit from the early 90's when a standee of her was in a MGM gift shop.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I have a picture of my sisters and I with Roger in some sort of wierd space get-up. It was a Tomorrowland costume of some sort. Still, I haven't seen a Roger Rabbit costume in forever at the parks. I think the area is still in MGM, though I'm not 100% sure. That section has been used for the 'flavor of the year' since forever... Ninja Turtles, **** Tracy, Roger Rabbit, plus the section that was Honey I Shrunk the Kids but is now A Bug's Life.

NicW is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh how I miss those years. They hey-days of **** tracy, roger rabbit, indiana jones, ninja turtles. Great time to be a kid in walt disney world.

For my money, Roger Rabbit is the best thing robert zemeckis ever made. Wish he and Jessica (rowrrr) were still around. ;-p

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

I don't think there's any Roger Rabbit merchandise anymore, but we still have Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin in Disneyland's Toon Town, which features the weasels, Jessica, Baby Herman, and Roger.
    Joe.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

As a teen, I thought Roger Rabbitt was an exciting and funny film, but I didn't really connect with the character. If anything, I think I found Roger a bit annoying. Now, however, as an adult with a bit more film experience and understanding of cinema history, I appreciate it so much more, especially the fun they had sending up film noir. And as for Roger himself, I can appreciate him as modeled more after Tex Avery's characters (as opposed to Disney's classic characters like the Fab Five and so forth), which makes him a bit more understandable. I have seen my DVD copy several times.

posted by DocB
    ...As a result, there's some bad blood between the two, and Spielberg won't sign off on any sequels.
    Spielberg was not angry with Disney so much as he was with Eisner. With Eisner long gone, Spielberg recently signed a deal to distribute Dreamworks live-action pictures through Disney. Add to that the rumor (or was it confirmed) that Zemeckis recently said he'd had some ideas for a Roger sequel, and perhaps we're on our way!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.