Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Muppets Wizzard of Oz!!! in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Just a reminder!!! Tonight - 8/7 central - ABC Muppets' Wizard of Oz is on Tonight! Set those VCR's and TiVo's and whatevers if you want to catch the Muppets' ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Muppets on Tonight!

Just a reminder!!! Tonight - 8/7 central - ABC

Muppets' Wizard of Oz is on Tonight!

Set those VCR's and TiVo's and whatevers if you want to catch the Muppets' return to movie stars!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I too was excited about the new Muppets big adventure, and it was great for the most part. I do have a problem with the fact that no less than three times Dorthy is heard to say she wants to be more sexy. I know this becuase the last thime she says it I replied to my wife that they could have done without that, and my 9 year old granddaughter replied she has only said it three times. MY problem is MUPPETS = YOUNG KIDS not teens or adults for the most part, and with all that is going on in the world with young kids do we really want 5, 6, and 7 yearolds going around saying I want to be more sexy. Call me old fashion or what ever but with 2 kids still missing this seems very wrong to have in a family movie. Sorry for venting

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it about a 7.

I liked it when one of the Muppets asked the wizard if he was related to Frank Oz
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    They needed a better Dorthy...but then I really don't like Ashanti.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it about a 7.

I liked it when one of the Muppets asked the wizard if he was related to Frank Oz

That was one of the best lines!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

My fave line has to be:

What land are you sending us to now, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, etc.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I recorded the Muppet Wizard of Oz while I was at work last night... Now I'm just trying to decide if it's still worth watching at this point. From what I've heard, it's not that great.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think the absence of Frank Oz was too noticeable last night. I didn't see the other Christmas one without him. It reminded of the first Muppet production I saw after the death of Jim Henson.

Sigh...
    My favorite Muppet movies are still the original three, with The Muppets Take Manhattan having the slight edge.

Does anyone know if The Muppets appearances in SNL back in the 70s are available on DVD? I've got several of The Muppet Show, and the movies....but not their start on SNL.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    When did they say the thing about Adventureland, etc.??? Missed a few moments while dealing with the 2 yr old...***sigh** Oh well, I'll try to catch that part when i watch it from recorded. I have to agree that it was a little over the top (morally wise) in parts..some of the dialoge was not G rated. The shrimp-excuse me "PRAWN" was hilarious tho. My 2 yr old dd loves the muppets but just didn't seem interested in this particular movie--I don't know- maybe it was a little dark or something i can't put my finger on. She was too busy playing with the original Toy Story toys I picked up at a yard sale(really good deal-50 cents fro the original BIG Buzz doll that talks) She did love the "I'm With You" song and was sooooo funny doing the motions along with them especially the hand on the hip at the end---she has seen the trailer for it one too many times on the Disney channel...LOL
    It is a ok movie but I'm not sure I would actually pay money to get it on dvd when it does come out. But that is just my opinion... I also tried not to give much away for those who haven't seen it yet.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    When did they say the thing about Adventureland, etc.???
    The prawn says is after the wizard tells them they have to go to munckinland.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I think the absence of Frank Oz was too noticeable last night
    My thoughts exactly. To me Frank is Fozzy and Piggy!

While Jim Henson "was" Kermit, the person doing him now does a pretty good job
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    It is a ok movie but I'm not sure I would actually pay money to get it on dvd when it does come out.
    I'd have to agree - in my opinion it was definitely a "Made for TV Movie". (Yes, I decided to watch it this weekend.)

Some parts of the movie showed potential, but I think that the songs lacked the same "heart" as the older movies. Plus I feel that they should've either spent a little more time on a few of the special effects, or just left them out of the movie.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I missed out

thanks for the links though

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I missed out! I was at my little sister's 8th grade graduation. Anybody know if there will be a re-run on any time soon?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I missed it as well.. Too much going on right now!!! Wedding planning and Honeymoon stuff!!! I would love a re run so I can record it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast