Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Free Preview of Disney On-Demand in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; I got an email this week about the free preview weekend for Disney On-Demand. The dates were the 3rd through the 7th I believe, but I checked today and all ...
    04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Question Free Preview of Disney On-Demand

I got an email this week about the free preview weekend for Disney On-Demand. The dates were the 3rd through the 7th I believe, but I checked today and all the movies are still Pay to watch. I did check that my cable carrier was a part of the free preview and it is. Is anyone else seeing the same thing I am?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Free Preview of Disney On-Demand

Not sure if we have the same thing as you but we get Disney on Demand (we've had it for several years now) but there are no movies offered on it just shorts and previews of parks and cruises and a few cookings shorts with Kat Cora. We don't pay seperate for the channel, it's part of a package, I think they call it the family plan, where you get a bunch of stations. So what they are offering you must be what I have, I'm not even sure if I have the movies offered at all, maybe I do on Pay Per View.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

As I understand it, the free preview is of a new on-demand channel that is offered on a subscription, not a pay-per-view, basis. The channel is called "Disney Family Movies" and is referred to in the article in which I first read about it as Subscription On Demand (SVOD). I'm not positive, but this says to me that if you're looking at a channel that charges for movies, you're looking at the wrong channel.

I don't know much else about it, other than that my operator doesn't carry it

Here's the article where I originally read about it:

All-New Disney Family Movies Offers Its First Free Preview

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

I just noticed the part where it says you have to sign up with your provider to get the free preview. That's a little odd, normally the free previews are just that, I've never had them say to sign up to get the free preview. I'm seeing the Disney Family Movies category in my On-Demand menu, so I know it's right. Honestly I'm a little too lazy to get in touch with them to get the preview. This brings back memories of the free week of the Disney channel, before it was a standard cable channel. I used to live for those weeks.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Our cable provider is Time Warner which is not one of the carriers offering the preview. They do offer a Disney VOD, but it is an ala carte item and not part of a package. Was hoping we might see the new channel, but will have to wait.

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)

I want to see "Third Man on the Mountain" and "Greyfriars' Bobby". My wife and I are seriously considering subscribing...especially if this is the kind of stuff they're going to have. We can afford an extra $8.00 per month.
    Celebrating Walt Disney's birthday all month long with some of my favorite Walt Disney avatars. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."--Walt Disney