Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books Discuss Who's excited for The Princess and the Frog? in the Miscellaneous Disney forums; Hey guys. I have had the soundtrack to The Princess and the Frog since I saw it pop up on iTunes. Since it is not in theaters yet, just from ...
    al3xg is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Who's excited for The Princess and the Frog?

Hey guys. I have had the soundtrack to The Princess and the Frog since I saw it pop up on iTunes. Since it is not in theaters yet, just from listening to the soundtrack several times, I'm guessing this movie will be another major hit, possibly like Beauty and The Beast or Aladdin. Both those movies came out when I was 3 and then 4, so it's been quite a while in my opinion since Disney has had a great hit like those. I also think the song Never Knew I Needed by Ne-Yo will be a big soundtrack hit like Beauty and the Beast by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson, A Whole New World by Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle and Can You Feel The Love Tonight by Elton John. Oh and on a funny side note, my Uncle and Aunt were married the month after Aladdin was released into theaters and they used A Whole New World as their wedding song, along with a 90s wedding green-screen video thing of them flying over Israel to the song haha.

So, who here is excited for another Disney Hit? I sure am
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Who's excited for The Princess and the Frog?

Yeah!
    Last edited by supermariodrums; 12-01-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

The previews look great and I will probably see it the day that it comes out.

Actually my girlfriend and I got to be in Tiana's Showboat Jubilee last week, and got to meet the prince and princess. It was great.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Oh wow that's pretty lucky that you guys got to do that
    Alex

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Looking forward to getting back to some good Disney animation.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Yeah, I hope the movie does well, I really enjoy the classic anamation. Disney has been letting Pixar carry the ball for too long. (not that that's a bad thing)

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I'm looking forward to the movie as well. I have the soundtrack, and I love it.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

I cannot wait to see the movie also. It looks a little sillyer than some of the other films but I'm still excited to see it. I don't think Disney has come out with a movie that I truly love since Mulan. Some Pixar movies like UP and Finding Nemo are good...but I really miss the hand drawn animation. So I really really hope the movie is a success so Disney continues with the hand drawn animation.
    Love, Kerri

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm looking forward to it and am excited to see what comes of the old 2D animation now that John Lasseter is in charge of all animation. I'm hoping it will lead to a string of hits like the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I'm looking forward to it and am excited to see what comes of the old 2D animation now that John Lasseter is in charge of all animation. I'm hoping it will lead to a string of hits like the 90s.
    I too am excited that John Lasseter is in charge since it seems he is the closest we all have to Walt Disney being alive again in a sense.
    Alex

Stitchers is offline A-Ticket holder

I actually can't wait for it. I have been listening to the soundtrack as well. And the music sounds great! I love listening to Jazz, so this fits right in as well as the Gospel sound. But anyways, I can't wait for it to happen. When the concept first appeared, I didn't think I would want to see it, and decided that I think it will be worth the wait. So, I can't wait to see it.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I think it looks, in a word, awful. Somehow in the back of my mind, I keep thinking Disney wants this one to fail, so they can take that final step away from 2D animation. Their efforts since the Lion King have been weak at best, with forgetable films like Hunchback, Fantasia 2000, Brother Bear, Lilo & Stitch, and klunkers like Treasure Planet, and Atlantis. And even those films all had some sort of sequences all done by computer renderings, so I don't believe any of them were fully animated anyway. And let's not forget the 'so bad, they're going straight to DVD' efforts, when after 2001, Disney just started sticking "II" on everything (Bambi, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Dalmations, etc). Then, once Disney started putting their name (and money) behind PIXAR's films, that pretty much signaled the end of 2D. Let's see if this new film helps keep animation alive in the true sense of the word.

My biggest problem with this film is that the commericals and previews seem to tell the entire story. I haven't seen the movie yet and I can't help but feel that I already have. So unless they both stay frogs at the end, I'm not quite sure where the plot twists are. The firefly is already annoying, the frog's fake French accent for an entire film would kill me, the aligator appears to be pointless outside of his funny little horn which, again, we've already seen countless times in previews, and giving this story a New Orleans/creole feel is ridiculous (outside of helping them to introduce their first black princess, and to be able to build a soundtrack). Sorry Disney, but you're not getting my money at the theater or on DVD.
    Last edited by supernova; 12-05-2009 at 06:54 AM.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

I watched a show called "Dreams Come True" on ABC last night and it had many celebrities talking about The Princess and the Frog as well as other Disney classics. I really liked it. They showed some clips from the movie and I can't help that I think it looks cute. I can already tell my favorite characters are going to be Princess Tiana, the prince, and the villain. I'm not so sure I like Oprah as the voice for the mother...seeing as I can't stand her.
    Love, Kerri

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I hope Disney proves me wrong, Kerri, but somehow I doubt it on this one.